Does NCL ever throw a Cruise critic party??

antcyd

If you contact them ahead of time. They will give you a area or room to meet your cruise roll call. They have been very nice on our last 4 cruises on the Dawn. Serving coffee, tea,and desserts. Nice way to put faces to cc names you have been chatting with on the roll call. Our last cruise on The Dawn in Sept. We go to visit the Garden Villa. The seniior staff and CD will drop by to say hello. So, I guess in a way, NCL does host a cc party. Can't wait to go in April.

I have been on RCCL many times and know that they do but I was wondering if NCL does, has anyone ever sailed on NCL where there was one thrown by the ship itself and not a CC get together pre planned by

CC's???

No, NCL has no affiliation with Cruise Critic. Other cruise lines do and they have exclusivity. Unless you set up a party on your own, they will not provide one.

Very interesting. So the cruisecritic get together on the Dawn never happened. We had some officers and snacks. See pictures on my webshots.

There is a difference between a gathering we set up with the Passenger Courtesy Department, and an official "Meet and Mingle" hosted by the cruise line. This difference is quite small, but there is a difference. ;)

Very interesting. So the cruisecritic get together on the Dawn never happened. We had some officers and snacks. See pictures on my webshots.
While I do appreciate sarcasm, you should reread what the OP asked. No, NCL does not throw CC parties on their own. A CC member must initiate it themselves. You may have attended a CC get together on an NCL ship but it was arranged by a CC member and not done by NCL on their own. The staff on the ship itself does not organize CC parties.

While I do appreciate sarcasm, you should reread what the OP asked. No, NCL does not throw CC parties on their own. A CC member must initiate it themselves. You may have attended a CC get together on an NCL ship but it was arranged by a CC member and not done by NCL on their own. The staff on the ship itself does not organize CC parties.

OK now I understand. Yes a member of our roll call informed NCL that we had a group of CruiseCriters aboard and could NCl hold a get together for us. And they did.

OK now I understand. Yes a member of our roll call informed NCL that we had a group of CruiseCriters aboard and could NCl hold a get together for us. And they did.

We were on the Star twice in 2003, and Hotel Director James Deering

made it a point to have a CC get-together early during the

June cruise. Unofficial, of course, initiated by him and the

word was passed around among potential cruisers on these

boards. On the December cruise, the hotel director

(new fellow, sorry forgot his name) did the same.

Food and Beverage Director Tony Lockett was with

us for all of these get-togethers, too. He was most

gracious and generous to us, and we have fond

memories of those cruises.

On our most recent repo on the Pride of America, our

CC "ring leader" helped set up a number of

get-togethers, formal and informal, because they

had a fantastic suite and the concierge worked with

them to make us all very welcomed.

Pride of America:

http://www219.pair.com/swansonr/panama2005/cruisecritic_js.html

Tony Lockett (Food and Beverage Director) in December 2003:

http://www219.pair.com/swansonr/star_1203/images/pict0992.jpg

CC get-together June 2003

http://www219.pair.com/swansonr/star_trip/cruisecritic.html

I was also on the 12/11/05 cruise with Derf and Not to put words in his mouth (or on the thread:-)). We had an official Meet n Greet set up by 'Buddawn' I think from our roll call with NCL. Officers were available,refreshments were served and a tour of the garden villas was offered to all that wanted. Derf designed and made name tags for all of us in attendance and it was very nice to meet ..(and greet) all the cruice Critic folks from the roll call.

If Derf's post came acrossed as sarcasm to anyone I'm sure his post was just misread..he posted pics of our meet and greet as well.

The officers gave us business cards and settled many issues that some cruisers had during our cruise--

setting up a meet n greet was a great way to begin the cruise.

The meet and greet was arranged ahead of sailing and we all knew to meet in the STAR bar at 10:30a.m on the first full sea day.

I was also on the 12/11/05 cruise with Derf and Not to put words in his mouth (or on the thread:-)). We had an official Meet n Greet set up by 'Buddawn' I think from our roll call with NCL. Officers were available,refreshments were served and a tour of the garden villas was offered to all that wanted. Derf designed and made name tags for all of us in attendance and it was very nice to meet ..(and greet) all the cruice Critic folks from the roll call.

If Derf's post came acrossed as sarcasm to anyone I'm sure his post was just misread..he posted pics of our meet and greet as well.

I thought Derf's sarcasm was funny actually and I appreciated it. That's why I posted again to better explain what I meant when someone asked if NCL put on official CC parties. And like Derf5585 and hundreds of others every week that attend CC get togethers on NCL ships...none of them are official or organized by the cruise line. You attended a gathering but it was set up by a cruiser and had nothing to do with Cruise Critic. Another cruise company has exclusivity to official gatherings and unless they give up exclusivity, no other cruise line can have official parties. :(

You attended a gathering but it was set up by a cruiser and had nothing to do with Cruise Critic. Another cruise company has exclusivity to official gatherings and unless they give up exclusivity, no other cruise line can have official parties. :(

I'm bothered by this reasoning. It does have something to do with Cruise Critic. We wouldn't know each other or know to meet each other unless we had the Cruise Critic boards. Yes the Cruise Critic member made contact but the cruise line arranged the meeting place and supplied eats. No it is not official and they can't advertise it at that ,but they are holding meetings. Although they are not "official". It seems that NCL goes out of their way to make them great by offering private tours and officers attending. On my RCL one, no crew showed and it was held during a very awkward time where few CC members actually attended.

The same goes with Friends of Bill. AA doesn't actually sponsor the meetings but AA members meet and say they attended an AA meeting or "Friends of Bill" mtg on such and such line. It isn't really official but it still happened.

I'm bothered by this reasoning. It does have something to do with Cruise Critic. We wouldn't know each other or know to meet each other unless we had the Cruise Critic boards. Yes the Cruise Critic member made contact but the cruise line arranged the meeting place and supplied eats. No it is not official and they can't advertise it at that ,but they are holding meetings. Although they are not "official". It seems that NCL goes out of their way to make them great by offering private tours and officers attending. On my RCL one, no crew showed and it was held during a very awkward time where few CC members actually attended.
OK...again, the original question was:
I have been on RCCL many times and know that they do but I was wondering if NCL does, has anyone ever sailed on NCL where there was one thrown by the ship itself and not a CC get together pre planned by CC's???
The answer is, no, NCL (the ship itself) does not throw CC get togethers that have not been pre planned by a CC member. And perhaps you misunderstood what I said about the meetings having nothing to do with CC. Yes, a CC member contacts NCL to organize the meeting. Yes, CC members attend the meetings. However, CC has no official connection to it so it's not an official CC meeting. NCL is not organizing CC meetings for people; they're organizing a get together for cruisers who happen to be CC members. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be than to say that NCL does not nor will they any time in the near future host CC meetings on their ships in any official capacity. Is it just semantics getting in the way?

It's fantastic that NCL does so much for CC members when they don't have to. In this case they really have great customer service. They'd be foolish to not take care of CC members. And hopefully one day all the cruise lines will have official sponsored meetings onboard every ship, every sailing.

Archived