Ft Lauderdale Priceline "Winning Bids"

kelmac

Hi Everyone,

I thought it may be nice to start a Priceline, Hotwire, or Easyclick winning bid thread. If everyone lists the hotels they are picking up it may be helpful to others.

We could use this format??

Date: December 31, 2006 (New Years)

Number of nights: 1 (post cruise)

Hotel: Westin Fort Lauderdale

Rating: 4 star

Area: Ft Lauderdale north

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $95

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.17

Maybe every so often we could but together a summary page of dates and winning bids. If this works well we could have a thread for each cruise port.

Enjoy!

Kel

I think it's a great idea.

I have been bidding unsuccessfully for Cocoa Beach hotels for the last 4 days. I would love to hear what others are bidding and getting approval for:

June 16-18, 2006

3star

Cocoa Beach area only

Been denied at 80, 85,90, and 95.00

UGH

Is it the one in FLL 400 corporate drive. I am going to stay there July 8th for $100 thru priceline. Have you read the reviews on tripadvisor? Not very encouraging. I have emailed the Westin and they assure me my stay will be pleasant. I hope.:rolleyes:

Great idea. It is true that Bidding for Travel exists. However, I like the idea of posting here in an informal setting. Sometimes BFT can have to many rules and regulations about how you should state your requests and ask for assistance.

I will be looking for a hotel on Priceline for Jan. 2007. It is a bit early to bid now. Howwever, I will be delighted to share my win later.

The place to post this information already exists. It's at www.biddingfortravel.com

Hi Howard,

You are correct, but I think many people don't list there because of their "hard nose" moderators. I posted there once, and I got slammed for not following their strict protocol. Most people feel very comfortable with Cruise Critic.:)

Cathy p,

Yes, the one on 400 Corporate Dr. I know there has been some mixed reviews on TripAvisor, but many frequent business travelers think it's a great place. Four star Westin, at two star prices. You probably need a rental car to do this hotel. I think 17th street, Hollywood, and the beach areas are starting to price themselves too high. I recently stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and the Sheraton Trader and they are okay, but only if you can get them for <$120 a night.

Thanks for a bit of sunshine on this Westin. I will have spent 9 days with my grandchildren visiting Mickey Mouse so I could care less about traveling to the beach. I probably will just fall into bed and rest up for the cruise.:D

Great idea. It is true that Bidding for Travel exists. However, I like the idea of posting here in an informal setting. Sometimes BFT can have to many rules and regulations about how you should state your requests and ask for assistance.

I will be looking for a hotel on Priceline for Jan. 2007. It is a bit early to bid now. Howwever, I will be delighted to share my win later.

If you are looking for a hotel in South Florida, I strongly suggest you book a cancelable back up now and start bidding soon. Do not wait or you may be without a hotel room.

If you are looking for a hotel in South Florida, I strongly suggest you book a cancelable back up now and start bidding soon. Do not wait or you may be without a hotel room.

I've started to bid. Do you have a suggestion for a reasonably priced cancelable back up hotel?

Sorry, Blueherons. It's for Miami actually and the date is Jan 20, 2007.:o

Go to www.HamptonInn.com and search all hotels. The Candlewood Suites Miami airport is $149 and the Hampton Inn Biscayne Bay/downtown Miami is $155 per night.

That is Martin Luther King Jr weekend (Federal Holiday and very busy), a large dental/medical convention, and UM Music festival or city music festival. At least book a backup and then try and bid.

If you get priceline, it may not be until the last minute.

dmk,

Easyclick has the InterContinental Miami for $188.24 a night. This is a five star hotel downtown Miami. Over looks the Bay and if you get a room on the correct side, you can see the cruise ships. It's the first five star listed; use the "reverse easyclick" feature on this website to find out which hotel is listed:

http://www.betterbidding.com/

May be a while before priceline has any inventory to offer????

Good luck!

Kel

Sorry, here is the easyclick site:

http://www.easyclicktravel.com/PageDefault.aspx

dmk,

Yes, I used it for our spring break cruise this past March. Very similar to Hotwire. Priceline still has the best prices, but if you are trying to get something several months out, this is a good alternative. Like Priceline, and Hotwire, you will be charged upfront, so make sure that's what you want.

--go to the easyclick site and put in your dates

--the first hotel to come up "Off the Record" listed as a "Best Value"

--click on the tab more info

--highlight the URL or http address and right click and copy

--now go to the betterbidding site

--click on the yellow "Resverse Easyclick Travel"

--scroll down and find the "Paste URL" box

--erase and right click and copy that url from the off the record hotel

--then click the enter, and a box will open in the upper left hand side with

the hotel's name

(this is how I found out it was the InterContinental Miami)

Good luck,

Kel

kelmac:

That is fascinating. I have used better bidding for Priceline and Hotwire but I never new about Easyclick. I am assuming you can't book a canceable booking with them but I 'll check out the hotel sites. Thanks:D

dmk,

Kelmac-1. Where do you find the URL address?

2. I could not find the Reverse easyclick on BBFT - where exactly is it?

dmk,

Kelmac-1. Where do you find the URL address?

2. I could not find the Reverse easyclick on BBFT - where exactly is it?

nycruiser2006,

When you come across an "off the record" hotel (on the Easyclick website), click on the more info tab, and additional information will be listed for that hotel. Go up the address bar (http://???) and left click and highlight; then right click and "copy" that address.

Then pull up the "betterbidding" website and there will be a yellow highlighted "Reverse Easyclick" tab. Double click it and then scroll down until you find the URL box; erase and right click and "paste" that address you got from the "off the record" hotel. Click on the large box below and to the right. In the upper left hand corner a small box will appear listing the mystery hotel.

Good luck,

Kel

That place doesn't get a lot of posting activity. You will also be chastised like a 4 year old if you don't follow the guidelines explicitly.

Well, biddingfortravel has 902 posts for bidding Fort Lauderdale. So far this thread has zero. Not including the one post about Cocoa Beach.

I think it is the most useful and comprehensive site that I have seen for priceline. They are very down to business and follow a strict protocal, but I think they need to. Otherwise the topics will diverge off on tangents and the information would get scattered.

Cruisecritic is a great place to chat, but to find useful information about priceline, biddingfortravel is the place.

I personally think the monitor is inclined to intimidate lots of people with her/his supercilious attitude. I don't see why we can't share our bidding experiences here too.

I agree 100% with Seagulls and Kelmac.

Who needs that nonsense on BiddingForTRavel. We could start here, open to any port you want to bid for. Post dates and bids. I could dream ahead and the post could become a sticky at the top of the individual Ports Boards.:D

Nobody likes to be treated like a two year old. Sharing all this information would be fantastic. I think a lot more people would post their wins on Cruisecritic instead of feeling so intimated as on BFT. On these boards, it would also be more cruise oriented.

What do you think?

I agree 100% with Seagulls and Kelmac.

Who needs that nonsense on BiddingForTRavel. We could start here, open to any port you want to bid for. Post dates and bids. I could dream ahead and the post could become a sticky at the top of the individual Ports Boards.:D

Nobody likes to be treated like a two year old. Sharing all this information would be fantastic. I think a lot more people would post their wins on Cruisecritic instead of feeling so intimated as on BFT. On these boards, it would also be more cruise oriented.

What do you think?

I see no problem in posting here. I don't know how to start it. Bidding for travel's posts are pretty old as are their reviews.

PS - Please cut back on your font size - it seems likje you are shouting.

Ron

Archived