HELP!! ... Leaving NCL DAWN .. No Luggage Tags or Tickets

jay007

Ok, This is VERY Weird.... I've been on a dozen cruises over the last 10 years.

My family and I are booked on the NCL Dawn leaving on the May 27th out of NYC.

So my TA sent me a Photo Copied Ticket. No Luggage Tags. No intro Booklet. No Informational booklet ....

I sent her an email today..asking when the actual package would arrive.

She stated that NCL is totally ETICKET and that is all I need. What ???

This doesn't make any sense ... You need luggage tags so they know where to deliver your Luggage ... How the heck are the NYC porters going to know where to bring the luggage !

How is a Photocopied "eticket" worth anything ..anyone can get into the "hall" at the pier with a photocopy ....

This doesn't make any SENSE ???

Can someone enlighten me to what is going on here ????

Lee

NCL still sends luggage tags to passengers that book thru them. All TA's get E-docs now. We got e-docs from NCL because we booked a cruise last minute. The porters at the pier will put luggage tags on your bags at the pier with your cabin number & name on them.

Don't worry, it's done all the time.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I'm with Monty (Python??) :D

The porters have tons of bag tags with them, and all you really need are your photo IDs ... show the passports,or whatever to the security folk, mention you have E-docs, and you're on your way to the check-in desk. I've shown up at the dock with no tickets at least twice, and never had a problem.

Trust me, you'll be fine. Enjoy your trip!

:)

As long as you register on line prior to departure, everything will be fine. Porters will ask you your cabin number and will tag on the spot. Worked fine for us. Most Airlines went to e-tickets years ago, it is only logical that the cruiselines make the move too.

No Worries, you will be on the ship.

M.

Just sailed the Dawn with an eticket, no problem. It is your photo ID and their confirmation of your being in the reservation system that gets you on the trip.

Make sure you fill out the sail n sea or whatever it is called pass at the NCL website. Make sure you bring your passports.

Make your own luggage tags clearly identifying ship and stateroom.

Also, our etickets had "copies" of luggage tags with bar codes. We cut and pasted these on to actual luggage tags. If your doesn't, don't worry, the porters will figure it out.

Just sailed the Dawn with an eticket, no problem. It is your photo ID and their confirmation of your being in the reservation system that gets you on the trip.

Make sure you fill out the sail n sea or whatever it is called pass at the NCL website. Make sure you bring your passports.

Make your own luggage tags clearly identifying ship and stateroom.

Also, our etickets had "copies" of luggage tags with bar codes. We cut and pasted these on to actual luggage tags. If your doesn't, don't worry, the porters will figure it out.

We did not get tags or the copies of luggage tags, but had previously read here on CC that people had preprinted/pre written their cabin info, name etc. on address labels (Avery etc.), so when we got to port we just stuck them on the blank luggage tags the porters had. Worked like a charm.

To add a level of comfort, go online at ncl.com and complete your registration. Then print that out as a backup.

Actually, getting paper documents has more problems associated. Say for some reason your reservation gets cancelled. Your paper then means very little, though it would help to get you back in business.

But, the online deal is always there for you to see, and double check. I have traveled by air way too much and learned to always double check my reservation online, which more than once solved a problem that may have occured if I waited until I got to the airport.

E-ticket has worked great for the airlines. Cruiselines can save a bunch of money by dropping it as well.

Though we all all miss doing the "doc dance" when they arrive.

On the contrary, I would be very concerned and burn up the phone lines in an attempt to be sure you are still booked on the cruise. NCL appears to have great difficulty with a simple phone line so trusting them with an e-ticket ...not me.

NCL cancelled me within days of my cruise in Dec and never notified me, it was only my call in search of luggage tags that prevented me from showing up at the pier!

Either way, better safe than sorry - make the phone call and put your mind at ease.

Bon Voyage!

For the last two cruises and probably the one were are taking June 3 :) , all we have had are the e-tickets because we booked through an online travel agency. No problems at all. On RCL we were even able to complete most all the check-in online and did not have to wait in line at the pier for more than a couple minutes! Here's a great hint I learned on the boards: Bring some gummed return address labels that you can just place on the luggage tags once you get them at the check-in for your cruise or from the luggage people. Saves lots of time filling them out! Have a wonderful trip!!!

What a downer, being deprived of the "doc dance." We're sailing on the Crown to Bermuda on 5/28 out of Philly -- our first NCL cruise -- and I was anxiously awaiting "the packet", only to learn from our TA that NCL does the email route:( . Very disappointed. Had been expecting to have the usual pleasure to which I'm accustomed with HAL and be able to sit and enjoy looking through the informational literature, complete our luggage tags, and then slide back into the anticipation mode.

All TA's get E-docs now.

Actually, that's not true, I am a TA and am sitting here right now with a client's document booklet for the Star, which I'm sending to her tomorrow. We always get document booklets for clients, never e-docs. The TA makes that choice, it is not automatic. I know most clients prefer to have the booklet, even though it is really not as relevant now with the online registration.

Lee, definitely do the online registration, and as others have said, you will be able to get luggage tags from the porters at the pier.

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

For our recent cruise, DW and I received a large packet of documents, including printed tickets, through our TA (AAA). When our agent called to say they were in, she gave me the choice of picking them up or having her mail them to us. I think I was in the office before she put the phone down. For me, having that packet in hand was another sure sign that we were really going on a cruise. We learned about document dancing 101 that day :) .

Have a great cruise!

I am also leaving on the Dawn on 5/27 out of NYC. I received my actual paper tickets in the mail on Monday. I booked through an online TA only about 10 days ago. I have traveled on 3 cruises before and used online TAs and never used e-tickets.

We also received our documents via e-mail, and therefore did not receive luggage tags either.

If I prepare the gummed labels that the other posters have suggested to put on the luggage tags provided at the pier, what other information besides our names and cabin number should I have on these labels?

Thanks in advance for your input!:)

Thanks for the responses ...

But, how is this a time saver ?

Last year I had to "beg" the porters to take my bags.... Actually, I had to place them on their carts for them .... :)

At the NY pier in is so crazy ... so you mean to tell me the "porters" are now going to be putting generic tags on my bags ...

It sounds to me like "One-More-Line" to wait ....

Anyone experience this in NYC pier yet ?

Archived