Just back from Fairy Princess

NightOne

Someone asked me to post this message for them since they were afraid of being attacked

as a first time poster. So here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just back from the Fairy Princess and it was the absolute worst cruise of my life.

I will never ever ever ever sail on Princess again. Here are some of the details of my terrible ordeal.

EMBARKATION

When we arrived at the port there was a line to get on the ship. I couldn't believe that

we had to stand in line. You would think Princess would have figured out how to get

everyone on the ship without having a line. Once we got to the desk they asked to see my

photo ID. I told them that I had already shown it to the people at the airport, but they

were so rude as to insist I present it again. Princess really needs to get their act

together on this. It's unreasonable to make people show their ID all the time.

CABIN

When we finally did make it to our cabin it was an absolute pig sty!!! The first thing that

I noticed was that there was a piece of lint on the comforter. I've stayed in the best

5 star hotels all over the world I have never seen such a travesty as this. Just the

thought of sleeping in a bed that had a piece of lint on the comforter was making me sick

so I picked up the phone to call the steward. Instead of coming right to my room, it took

him 3 minutes to get there. This level of service is just unacceptable! I told him about the lint and he wanted to merely remove the lint. I told him that the whole comforter needed to

be replaced immediately. He left and came back with a new one but we had to wait for him for 7 minutes. I also noticed that there was some dust on the back of the TV. The refrigerator was too small to hold the 4 cases of beer that I snuck on board so I called and asked if

they could bring another one up. They said that there could only be 1 per stateroom. This

is the dumbest policy I ever heard. I told them that I would be writing a letter to the

CEO of Princess about this. There were multiple other things wrong with the room as well

including the toliet paper not being the same as the one we use at home. When I went on

the balcony to check it out, it was really windy out there. I called down to the Purser's

desk to complain and they tried to make me beleive that they no control over it. They

said that there was nothing they could do to fix it.

DINING

Princess has the worst food! In the main dining room, the Chateaubriand should have been served at a temperature of 170 degrees, but it was clearly 172 or 173. The lobster tails

were so bad that I had real issues even finishing the 4th one. But, the worst part was the

service we received in the dining room. Our waiter did not even bother to ask the names of

our children even though we told them that our kids were at home. One night after my wife

ordered the beef wellington, but changed her mind after ordering. Our waiter didn't even

check with my wife to see if she had changed here mind and instead just brought out the

beef wellington. It's not unreasonable for people to change their mind after ordering. The

waiter should have checked with my wife and he would have known that she really wanted the

pork medallions. That's the main reason we removed the auto-tip from our account. The buffet

was even worse than the dining room. For breakfast they didn't have super crunch berries

with marshallows which is my wife's favorite cereal. The food for lunch was so terrible it

was like being forced to eat at Outback. My sister-in-law's friend's cousin's father-in-law

also said the food on Princess sucks!

I would like the address of Princess CEO so that I can write for a full refund!

Ima & Constance Beetcher

Fairy Princess 05/04

Great Cruise 09/98

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopping-bunny.gif

Time until Sailing

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;04;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Every once in a while, these little ditties a a joy to read. It kind of puts us back into perspective.

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam 12/93

Statendam 10/95

Zenith 05/96

Westerdam 05/97

Norway 10/97

Westerdam 10/98

Sun Princess 10/99

Volendam 10/00

Volendam 10/01

Century 10/02

Zuiderdam 05/03

Caribbean Princess 05/04

I remember you ! You cant hide from me, even using these sly pseudonyms....

Last time you reviewed Tanzanite Princess. you were the one that complained that the PATS of BUTTER on the dinner table were too cold to spread. I will never forget that.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

Thank goodness it is lunch time as I sit here actually laughing out loud. Imagine - a piece of lint - how dare they. You are so lucky that the cabin steward understood you with such language barriers on these ships. You could have ended up with a new comforter, but no chocolates at turn-down.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

I am laughing so hard I am crying....THANK YOU!

Bernie

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"

Diamond Princess - September 2004

Grand Princess - March 2003

Carnival Pride - June 2002

Carnival Victory - June 2001

It is perfectly evident to me that the originator of these comments only pretends to understand the finer things in life. Everyone knows that chateaubriand should be served at a temperature of 182 deg F. I therefore declare that all of the complaints are little more than the whingeing of an individual with severe personality disorders. I will be sending an eight-page dissertation directly to the CEO of Princess (who is also my brother-in-law) refuting this review.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Ok, I have to agree, that is a truly fair review. I can't find a single thing to slam you on as my last 3 and next 2 Princess cruises have actually been WORSE.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

BRAVO!

Sky Princess 01/1999 Australia and New Zealand

Sky Princess 03/2000 China

Royal Princess 02/2002 South America

Golden Princess 05/2003 Med

Sapphire Princess 03/2005 Sydney to Bangkok

March 2005 - Sydney to Bangkok on the Sapphire

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;7;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+1030

You must be the same person that asked for more bread from the waiter instead of asking the other half of the table to pass their basket over!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 08/14/2004 ~ Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sue d. miller:

ROFLMAO!! You guys are wonderful!! icon_biggrin.gif NORTHENDER, No chocolate!!!! icon_eek.gif I am going to find another cruiseline!!!

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY..... GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no Sue, still chocolate for us, just none for the complainer who hates Lindt. icon_eek.gif

Me thinks this was a bad pun, n'est pas? icon_confused.gif

Grand Princess 4/4/04

WHAT??? And you didn't demand a full refund and a free future cruise for all your travails? I should think that's the least Princess could do to assuage your misery.

[tongue firmly in cheek]

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03; Regal Princess (4/20/04)

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2005;04;21;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived