Picture of Conquest Balcony or Window Room that sleeps 4

momofmn00

We are plannig our next cruise for next year and I can't decide on whether to go with a inside cabin (:( which by the way I don't think I really want to by the $ can be right, so...) or better yet a window or balcony room. Which one do you think sleeps better~saying that I can't obviously afford a suite and my kiddos are only going to be 7&8 so another room is SO out of the question!:eek: Does anyone have a picture of a oceanview cabin that sleeps 4 people and a picture of a balcony room that sleeps 4? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!:D

the standard 4 person balcony will have the twin/king like this

2399136150089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

and the pull down over the convertible sofa like this

2314178410089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

you might want to consider the spa deck oceanview cabins.......they have similar ceilig length as the standard balconies but the glass slopes down at an angle to what would be SQ footage if you included the balcony......this results in a cabin with about 40 sq ft more living space (usually there is a seating area in front of the ceiling to floor windows)

Thanks for the great pictures. I will have to view these some more and decide which is better for use. I don't mind the idea of no balcony if I can have the extra space for our thinks but think we at leat need thewindow...spa deck windows look awesome! My kiddow would love that view whhile we were floating along!!!! Thanks again for the pics.

Anyone else that has any different view, please feel free to post additional pics.:o

Thanks for the great pictures. I will have to view these some more and decide which is better for use. I don't mind the idea of no balcony if I can have the extra space for our thinks but think we at leat need thewindow...spa deck windows look awesome! My kiddow would love that view whhile we were floating along!!!! Thanks again for the pics.

Anyone else that has any different view, please feel free to post additional pics.:o

Glad I could help.......never done the interior.....can't get myself to not have something.

Good luck and have a GREAT cruise!!

FYI I believe Camp Carnival is located by the spa deck cabins (CC up a deck) this could be a nice bonus with kids the age of yours.

i know, when we went on our 1st cruise last Feb our friends had been before and said w window wasn't a big deal, but I insisted I have one. Hello, I'm from Missouri, and I don't see any ocean outside my window everyday and by gosh, I WANT TO SEE IT WHEN I'M ON THE OCEAN! LOL! Sorry, got a little frantic!:eek:

Anyway, our friends had an inside on the Lido and we had an obstructed view cabin in the front...Our window, was so nice, even though not exactly a balcony, but hey, we were upgraded from ocean view guarenteed so what can I say. I like being on the upper decks...so Spa deck may be the way to go...I'll have to think about it! thanks again!

i know, when we went on our 1st cruise last Feb our friends had been before and said w window wasn't a big deal, but I insisted I have one. Hello, I'm from Missouri, and I don't see any ocean outside my window everyday and by gosh, I WANT TO SEE IT WHEN I'M ON THE OCEAN! LOL! Sorry, got a little frantic!:eek:

Anyway, our friends had an inside on the Lido and we had an obstructed view cabin in the front...Our window, was so nice, even though not exactly a balcony, but hey, we were upgraded from ocean view guarenteed so what can I say. I like being on the upper decks...so Spa deck may be the way to go...I'll have to think about it! thanks again!

I'm from Texas and freely admit I love having a window. I dont even look forward to the cruise the same way if we have a inside cabin. We did inside on RCI last cruise and I felt vaguely dissatisfied, even though we had plenty of space just want to see out.

Wow Chitown Cruisers.....you did a great job finding pics of the floor-to-ceiling window cabin! I did a search this week looking for the same pics and only got one! I am leaning towards this cabin too. The view out that window is great!! Just think I would feel claustrophobic in an inside and our first cruise was in a suite so there you go...;)

We are plannig our next cruise for next year and I can't decide on whether to go with a inside cabin (:( which by the way I don't think I really want to by the $ can be right, so...) or better yet a window or balcony room. Which one do you think sleeps better~saying that I can't obviously afford a suite and my kiddos are only going to be 7&8 so another room is SO out of the question!:eek: Does anyone have a picture of a oceanview cabin that sleeps 4 people and a picture of a balcony room that sleeps 4? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!:D

We just came back off the Glory and had a Spa room. It was wonderful to have that "extra" space. We have older kids but it was like having more room inside the cabin of livable space. You could go and sit in the sitting area and almost feel like you were in another room. You wouldn't have to worry with younger kids going outside either. They would LOVE the view. The other poster is right. Camp Carnival is only one flight up from this deck. This deck is also very quiet. The only people coming up here are going to camp carnival or to the spa usually. The halls where the cabins are are separate from the main elevator lobby where the traffic flows. I would request this floor again myself. "Air conditioned" space was more important to us. ;)

Wow Chitown Cruisers.....you did a great job finding pics of the floor-to-ceiling window cabin! I did a search this week looking for the same pics and only got one! I am leaning towards this cabin too. The view out that window is great!! Just think I would feel claustrophobic in an inside and our first cruise was in a suite so there you go...

found some more.....better lighting

2872944480100585233S600x600Q85.jpg

2789298310100585233S600x600Q85.jpg

2288578710100585233S600x600Q85.jpg

2506955270101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

2587877270101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

Those are awesome pics, the question is can you sleep 5 in this type of cabin?

Nevermind, found my answer here:

They only allow 4 in a cabin on the: Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Legend, Liberty, Miracle, Pride, Spirit, Spelendor, Valor.

They allow 5 in a room...4 beds, 1 roll a way: Triumph, Victory, Destiny, Celebration, Escasty, Elation, Fantasy, Fasination, Holiday, Imigination, Inspiration, Sensation.

Fred

Chitown Cruisers,

Or anyone else who knows the answer,

We have a balcony room on the upper deck. Will we have two pullman beds or a convertible couch with one pullman? I know I could call Carnival and ask but half the time they do not know or they are incorrect.

Thanks!

Chitown Cruisers,

We have a balcony room on the upper deck. Will we have two pullman beds or a convertible couch with one pullman? I know I could call Carnival and ask but half the time they do not know or they are incorrect.

Thanks!

Whats the ship and cabin number?

Fred

I totally love the spa deck room pictures and think that mey be the way to go...I just can't decide.

I mean we went in Feb, and only paid for a ovg(ocean view guarenteed) and upgraded to the Lido deck front 9201 with an obstructed view...It was nice, being on the Lido, close to everything, view was actually quite nice....but of course we loved watching the waves go by. We are fom Missouri, and of course don't see much water here....so we spent plenty of time on the main deck just outside the pursers desk...it was quiet and we like to just sit in the lounge chairs and "just be"...although I know we wont be doing this quite as much on the next cruise becasue we are of course taking the kids...but I just want to know...is the extra space on the spa deck family rooms better than having a personal balcony..Whats your opinion????

Chitown Cruisers,

Thanks!

I looked at Conquest upper deck since that's whats in your sig for '07......I don't see any with two dots(that would be 2 uppers).........I believe they are all a pull down over the convertible sofa.

I totally love the spa deck room pictures and think that mey be the way to go...I just can't decide.

I mean we went in Feb, and only paid for a ovg(ocean view guarenteed) and upgraded to the Lido deck front 9201 with an obstructed view...It was nice, being on the Lido, close to everything, view was actually quite nice....but of course we loved watching the waves go by. We are fom Missouri, and of course don't see much water here....so we spent plenty of time on the main deck just outside the pursers desk...it was quiet and we like to just sit in the lounge chairs and "just be"...although I know we wont be doing this quite as much on the next cruise becasue we are of course taking the kids...but I just want to know...is the extra space on the spa deck family rooms better than having a personal balcony..Whats your opinion????

I did this twice and didn't go thru....thirds a charm........right?

Short and sweet........Bang for the Buck Spa deck......and this is coming from a balcony snob LOL

1)mid range price between the 2 (OV or Balc)

2)positive useable space (balcony is questionable)

3)ceiling to floor windows vs standard window or porthole

If I was going to have both my kids in my cabin...I would take the spa deck.

I changed our cruise from a balcony to the family room. I think with kids a balcony is an added stresser. Our first cruise on the Ecstasy was a suite and imagine my horror when I walked out onto the balcony just seconds after my 8 year old and found him standing in a chair looking over the rail!:eek: They will be 11 for next cruise and I am going to be so much more relaxed w/o the balcony. And sitting by the huge windows looks like it is almost like an air conditioned balcony. I love the pics above!

I changed our cruise from a balcony to the family room. I think with kids a balcony is an added stresser. Our first cruise on the Ecstasy was a suite and imagine my horror when I walked out onto the balcony just seconds after my 8 year old and found him standing in a chair looking over the rail!:eek: They will be 11 for next cruise and I am going to be so much more relaxed w/o the balcony. And sitting by the huge windows looks like it is almost like an air conditioned balcony. I love the pics above!

Can't wait to read a review...hint hint;)

If I ever have to have my kids in my cabin....it's the way I'll go....hopefully I can always get them their own.....I LOVE THEM...but 7 days in 200'ish sq ft:eek:

Very true, very true. I can just inagine my son who will be 7 when we cruise doing the same think looking over the balcony in a chair!:eek:

I showed my hubby the pics of the family stateroom and he said the window looked awesome! What is the sq. footage of a balcony room vs. the sq. footage of the family stateroom? thanks!

Very true, very true. I can just inagine my son who will be 7 when we cruise doing the same think looking over the balcony in a chair!:eek:

I showed my hubby the pics of the family stateroom and he said the window looked awesome! What is the sq. footage of a balcony room vs. the sq. footage of the family stateroom? thanks!

the standard balcony cabin I believe is 185 and the balcony would be 35 to 40.............so you are looking at 220 ish for the Spa deck 6E

car-dest-vict-triu-oceanview-scale.gif

Outside Stateroom 6E

These rooms offer panoramic ocean views, sitting area with sofa, twin beds that convert to a king, television, room service, and bathroom with shower.

Average size= 220 sq ft.

On Decks: Spa

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/glory.php

this is a good cabin link....you can check all ships/lines....

Whats the ship and cabin number?

Fred

Carnival Conquest, 6252. I know I can count on you Fred! Lorraine said she thinks it is sofa and pullman. When I booked they told me it had two pullmans, but I think she may be right. Do you know?:)

Carnival Conquest, 6252. I know I can count on you Fred! Lorraine said she thinks it is sofa and pullman. When I booked they told me it had two pullmans, but I think she may be right. Do you know?:)

two uppers would be noted by two dots.........6252 has a square for the symbol noting that its a twin/king, convertible sofa and an upper.

• 3 weeks later...

We were originally looking to book another balcony but after seeing these pics i think i would rather have the family room, it looks pretty nice, locality to camp carnival doesn't hurt either.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived