All Things Navigator of the Seas!!!

I couldnt find a thread, and Im too excited to wait! We are sailing her on April 11, 2009. and I have so many questions! :)

Is she showing her age? Whats Ochos Rios like? What age range of passengers sail her? Who might her CD and Captain be then? What time can you get on her? Are pier upgrades available often? Does she always make her ports? Pictures would be great if anyone has them! And cruise compasses too!

Im more than usually excited because this is a secret! I booked without telling DS and DH as a surprise!!! Also, this will probably be out last cruise in a while, as we are looking to grow our family and wont be cruising with a pre-6 month old now! haha!

Im hoping to get CC group cruise status for my upcoming April 11 sailing! Im sailing on a CC group cruise in November and so excited!

If youre interested ... hope some of you will join us April 11, 2009 for five glorious nights onboard Navigator of the Seas. We leave from Fort Lauderdale, spend two days at sea, and stop in ports of Gand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Im calling different travel agents to see who will offer us the best OBC/wine, etc.!

Itinerary includes:

April 11 - Board in Ft Lauderdale - Sail away at 5 pm!

April 12- Day at Sea

April 13 - Georgetown, Grand Cayman - 9 am to 6 pm

April 14 - Ochos Rios, Jamaica - 8 to 5 pm

April 15 - Day at Sea

April 16 - Dembark in Ft Lauderdale and start planning next cruise!

See the link to our roll call in my signature! Yeah! Im SOOO excited!

No one else loves the Navigator? I havent even sailed her and Im excited! But now Im nervous .... no one posted yet!

Other questions, is the ship very smoky? We have an aft cabin, will we see any sun?

HI Im Dawn and I am trying to frind some postings on the Navigator as well but for 3/28! We just got off the ship this spring break and loved it so i can fill you in! This year we only went to cozumel cause we wanted the extra sea days ....kids loved it. The pools are is great! The royal promenade was really neat. Be sure to check out the cafe in there! Will tell you some more later but was wondering......about this 3/28 sailing????? any one going???? Just put down a deposit for this sailing but could not get the cabins I wanted because they are saying they are all filled??? Anyone out there going??? Was wondering what is going on this week...I know it is spring break but I can't believe the ship is already filled up???? and i haven't talked to anyone on here who is going??? Hope to hear from someone soon!!! :cool:

Navigator is the most beautiful ship in the RCC fleet!! Our favorite!!! You'll fall in love with her!!! She's magical!!! She is not smokey at all and I'm sure you'll love your aft cabin!! Be able to walk off all of the great food you'll be eating!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

If you can't find a roll-call for your sailing ...start one!!!

Just returned from a 14 night transatlantic. Had stabilizer problems. We sat in bay in Lisbon for over a 36 hours waiting for divers to cut off stabilizer. Missed the next two ports. There were a lot of unhappy people. There were over a thousand people on Promenade area shouting they wanted their money back. Cabins are starting to show age, anyway Balcony cabin we were in did. Not sure when they plan to take care of the stabilizer problem. Finished cruise with just two front ones. Might get a little rough in the Gulf with only two stabilizers.

I am sailing on the NOS too but Jan 3, 2009!! We got a GS to celebrate our anniversary and are taking the kids, they are so excited!!! This will be our first GS and a room with a balcony!! :)

I have never sailed the NOS and am really looking forward to the ship and the amenities and I have never been on a ship of this size.

I have been to Grand Cayman, the water is so clear. We went to Seven Mile Beach, it was lovely!! We also went to Ocho Rios but did not get off the ship, instead my dd got on the bungee trampoline and had a ball!

DH and I sailed on her in January 2006. It was our first cruise (only been on one since) and Navigator is still considered our favorite. I will help with what I can, but it was 2 years ago. I also have tons of pictures, and will try to post some soon. Our cruise at the time was Miami, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Labadee then back to Miami. We loved these stops.

Let me know if you have questions, and I will try to help...Congrats on your cruise!:D

We were on Navigator in October 2006. We did Eastern Carribean (San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau & Labadee). We just did Freedom of the Seas the second week of April this year. Navigator still remains my favorite ship. I can't tell you about wear/tear now, there was none then. Although, Freedom has lots to offer that Navigator does not, the crew was so much friendlier on Navigator.

We've been to Ocho Rios on other ships. We didn't care much for the falls. We just usually go to Margarataville- a short walk from the ship-in the Island Shopping Center. Have lunch and use their beach. We did do a planned tour our first visit there, though. It was fun. Saw lot's of things and ate at Bipi Bips. Our tour guide stopped there. I wouldn't just walk around by myself. :eek: We used Orville Taylor- he was wonderful.

We always do the Stingray excursion in The Caymans becasue there is always someone in the group that hasn't been. We use Native Way to book.

Go to webshots.com and type in "Navigator of the Seas" and you'll get lots of peoples pics.

Hey everyone....we will be doing the ocho rios and cayman stops...for our spring break cruise on the navigator. havent been to either.... will have 4 kids along 17,16,14, and 12....what do u suggest???? Was thinking of Margatitaville and the beach there....had read something about that? Thanks for the help!!:)

Hey DPEEPS!! We will be taking the mini B2B (with PMFAN, can't wait to meet you! ) 1/22 & 1/24 - then we will have sailed on NOTS 4 times!! we were just with DPEEPS in November on Navigator and had a great time. I appreciated that it wasn't the Freedom size and I wasn't totally worn out from all the walking just to get from point a to b but still completely entertained!! krmlaw, lucky for you Navigator is going to Dry dock right when we get off ship at the end of Jan (I think) so you'll have some hefty updates, maybe they'll get new TV's!! we didn't notice hardly anywear and tear. there are 2 trips in my photo albums on my homepage - quite boring and quick but they are new photos none the less.:D

we were on the navigator about a month ago for spring break. Loved the ship. Loved the staff. Be sure to check out Portofino as that was wonderful. The shows were great, don't miss quest or the love and marriage show. Boarding is super easy, debarkation was easy as well. We were sad we had to go. Pack half the clothes you think you will need and double the money. Have a great time! Get a bananna daquari for me..YUMM!:D

The Navigator is by far my favorite ship, and my cruise almost 3 years ago on her (during Thanksgiving week) is still my favorite overall.

The ship is absolutely gorgeous. Captain Bang is one of the most admired and well-liked captains in the fleet, and his wife (who often attends passenger gatherings) is an absolute treasure. Don't miss out on having drinks up in the Cosmopolitan Club (up in the Viking Crown), and although a good number of the crew moved on to the Freedom when she came out, the Navigator still is a real star in the fleet.

OH, and if he's still there, don't miss the BUH BYE guy outside the Windjammer. Those of you who have sailed the Navigator know who I'm talking about...

All the picturses are so great! Thanks!

Is there both a chops and portofinos? Is there room on the pool deck for everyone? What will they do in dry dock?

I could be wrong about the particulars but I think each ship is required to dry dock once in 5 years (every 2.5 years?????) for mandatory mechanical inspections from maritime officials and they take advantage of it with a deep cleaning, some major repairs, and the replacement of certain furnishings, carpet, TV's - what ever they see fit. the crew stays on and some wait on the repair(men), some clean, and some work.

We were on Disney Wonder right before it went to dry dock and when we got to port at 7 am there were crains loading the decks with atleast 20 freight storage boxes new stuff and repair men were boarding instead of new cruisers! its very cool. you might be able to catch one of the cruise lines own little "reality" show that runs on the closed circuit tv while on board that features a remodel of one of the ships. we were sad that there wasn't one in April, just a show about the making of the Beverage Menu??:mad:

Chops and Portofinio are both on board. we didn't get in because we waited too long to make a reservation - they book up the first day on the shorter trips but I think you'll be able to reserve on line! I haven't tried it.

There is plenty of pool space! I hot tub everyday! and yeah BUH BYE!!

Navigator was our first cruise, so I'm sure there was a little extra magic to her for us. But, it was also a really nice ship. We had a 10th deck aft cabin. Loved it. Hope you'll have a great experience on Navigator. It's a great ship to have a sea day or two on.

We sailed on the NOS for Thanksgiving two years ago to the Western Caribbean. We booked in October the year before, a full 13 months in advance. We loved the cruise but hated our seating in the dining room. We were not actually seated in the main dining room but in a room attached to the dining room. Don't know if it was for overflow or what. Whenever there was singing or entertainment in the dining room, we could hear it, but not see it. It was so disappointing to not be a part of the festivities. I don't know why we got seated there, especially after booking so far in advance. Unfortunately they could not move us and we were stuck there the entire cruise. That being said, was the only down side of the trip. Loved the promenade, Johnny Rockets and the Ice Show.

No one else loves the Navigator? I havent even sailed her and Im excited! But now Im nervous .... no one posted yet!

Other questions, is the ship very smoky? We have an aft cabin, will we see any sun?

Well, we've done the Navigator in Nov 07 and March 08 and will do her again on a b2b in 2010 which is also a roll call reunion cruise. Friend of mine on our Nov Roll Call will do another one in Nov 09 and we may join him.

I didn't have an aft cabin. I personally would like only the corner aft on deck 8, 9, 10.

We've had JS 9614.

What would you like to know?

The Navigator is by far my favorite ship, and my cruise almost 3 years ago on her (during Thanksgiving week) is still my favorite overall.

The ship is absolutely gorgeous. Captain Bang is one of the most admired and well-liked captains in the fleet, and his wife (who often attends passenger gatherings) is an absolute treasure. Don't miss out on having drinks up in the Cosmopolitan Club (up in the Viking Crown), and although a good number of the crew moved on to the Freedom when she came out, the Navigator still is a real star in the fleet.

OH, and if he's still there, don't miss the BUH BYE guy outside the Windjammer. Those of you who have sailed the Navigator know who I'm talking about...[/quote]

NESTOR

We are going on the Navigator for a four night West Med cruise on May 29th and I am SO EXCITED! I've never sailed with Royal Caribbean before and this will be our first European cruise as well so LOTS to look forward to!!:) :) :)

Archived