Barcelona (HoHOP Bus)

It's a great way to get a quick look around one of the worlds great cities. You are doing the same cruise ( but different date) as my family, but sadly we arrive Sunday morning so will not have time to do the Hop-On-Off.

If you have a spare day or two pre or post cruise then take the tour. Wander to the top of the Ramblas and jump on the bus. You will not want to get off at every stop, as there are too many.

Enjoy it and have a good honeymoon.:)

On the HOHO bus there are 3 routes (though to be honest, I wouldn't bother with the green one). You get a set of headphones to plug in by your seat and there is a very good commentary on what you are seeing. The buses start from Placa de Catalunya at around 9am and I recommend you get there no later than 9.30, as we saw long queues several times. To do the red and blue routes, without getting off, will take a good 3 - 3.5 hours. We did the whole lot (incl green route) in just over 6 hours with a couple of hop offs! If you have the time, I think it is a good way to see a lot of the city in a relatively short space of time.

Simon

On the HOHO bus there are 3 routes (though to be honest, I wouldn't bother with the green one). You get a set of headphones to plug in by your seat and there is a very good commentary on what you are seeing. The buses start from Placa de Catalunya at around 9am and I recommend you get there no later than 9.30, as we saw long queues several times. To do the red and blue routes, without getting off, will take a good 3 - 3.5 hours. We did the whole lot (incl green route) in just over 6 hours with a couple of hop offs! If you have the time, I think it is a good way to see a lot of the city in a relatively short space of time.

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for the info about the hoho bus. My BF and I are arriving in Barcelona on Thursday AM. Do you think it would be advisable for us to do a 2 day pass (or is it 48 hours)? We go on our cruise Sat, Nov 1 Voyager of the Seas. Cant wait.

Joyce:)

If you have never been to Barcelona, the HoHo buses are are easy way to to get an overview of the city. The big negative is (can be) long lines which mean you have to wait for the next bus. Still, I think it makes more sense than a mass bus guided tour of the city.

If you want to actually see certain places, I'd suggest simply using Barcelona's excellent mass transportation system (metro and buses).

Hi Joyce

A lot depends on what sort of things you want to see and how long you are in BCN. Granted, the 2 day ticket is €26 as opposed to €20 for one day, but you are restricted if you want to go and see something particular. I would say the best thing to do is do a day on the bus to get yourself orientated and decide what you want to see, then use the excellant metro system to zoom round the city to your points of interest. You can get a 10 trip metro ticket for about €7.40 and you can share it between as many people as you like...just pass it back to the next person once you are though the turnstile.

Simon

You can also pick up the HOHO buses at The monument of Christopher Columbus right at the foot of the Ramblas. This is closer and our ship had a shuttle that stopped right there. It may be crowded, but there were lots of buses.

We loved the HOHO buses. We arrived in Barcelona on Friday morning for a cruise leaving the next Sunday. We did the Red Line one day and the Blue Line the next. Do not miss La Sagrada Familia or Parc Guell. Both are fabulous. We also spent an evening strolloing Las Ramblas (my sons got a kick out of the living statues) and an enjoyable afternoon at the fort with its stunning views.

Hi Joyce

A lot depends on what sort of things you want to see and how long you are in BCN. Granted, the 2 day ticket is €26 as opposed to €20 for one day, but you are restricted if you want to go and see something particular. I would say the best thing to do is do a day on the bus to get yourself orientated and decide what you want to see, then use the excellant metro system to zoom round the city to your points of interest. You can get a 10 trip metro ticket for about €7.40 and you can share it between as many people as you like...just pass it back to the next person once you are though the turnstile.

Simon

Thanks for the info Simon. I definitely want to check out the Metro.

See everyone on the HOHO bus! We'll be there October 30.

Joyce

Joyce

Archived