BB aft on Emerald Princess

Carol_Hill

We have a BB aft on Emerald Princess on hold. Trying to decide if it's worth $200 more (total) than a regular BD. I don't have the stuff here, not sure which exact cabin, but it's a sort of corner one--next to the cabin all the way outside.

What's the size of the balcony? (vs either a BD or a BA on Caribe)

Is the room itself any bigger?

What type of furniture is on the balcony?

Are they covered or not?

Thanks for any help.

grab it now and make a decision later- they go quickly.

If its one on the Caribe deck== you can do a google search for Princess then the cabin number to get a few hits.

I did a search for Caribbean Princess C753 or C752

the balcony for sure is bigger-- only one neighbor.

I would pay 200 more for that balcony

I would say grab that stateroom! On our most recent cruise on the Emerald, we had E735, aft. The room was great, but even though the cabin was a BB, the balcony was HUGE! I would say at least half the size of the stateroom. We had 4 charis, 2 reclining loungers, 2 chairs, and a table.

It was our first aft cabin, and now we are hooked. Watching the wake was so relaxing, and all of that room was such a luxury.

We will be in C753 IN April. Although we have no problem with motion the aft is less prone to movement than than other locations. We also like the aft as it is below the kids center and we feel more comfortable with our kids comming straight down rather traveling cross ship. Caribe has the largest balconies and the aft are half covered.

I agree - Take an aft cabin! We had B749 (corner) with only one neighbor next door on the Emerald for our last cruise and loved it. The aft cabins are covered, which is also great. Some of our CC roll-call with balcony cabins could not sit out there on windy days and enjoy them, but in the aft we had no problem with the wind.:cool:

I agree with the group posting. We had B754 on the Ruby, and to sleep with the balcony door open and hear the ocean it's something. Our balcony had 4 chairs and two small tables. We didn't even bother to go to sail-away (been there...done that) we just stayed on the balcony and had our own little sail-away. Most everyone who had afts did the same and we talked with several of our neighbors.

Enjoy.!!!!

We had an aft last summer on the CB and are having another one this coming summer. I'm spoiled! DH didn't go last summer and I can't wait for him to go this summer! It would definitely be worth the $200 to me.

How about B752 ? We had an aft oceanview on on the Riviera deck on the Emerald last summer. On at least half the nights there was either alot of clanking like they were fixing something in the engine or a lot of vibration. Anyone had that problem in the aft balconies on the Baja deck? The motion doesn't bother me, but the vibration, when it occurred was really bothersome...didn't sleep that well on those nights.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I was wrong before about what cabin we have on hold. The cabin we have on hold is on Baja, I think it's 8755. I read some other threads talking about there being a big pole through a part of some of the balconies, but I guess not on this cabin??

No one answered the one question though--the cabin ITSELF--is it the same size as the standard balcony cabins??

We have never had an aft cabin and we are not normally prone to seasickness at all, but we do love to spend a lot of time in our cabin. We need to make a decision by Sunday, whether to keep this one, or go for a regular BD.

Thanks again for any info!

Thanks everyone for the replies! I was wrong before about what cabin we have on hold. The cabin we have on hold is on Baja, I think it's 8755. I read some other threads talking about there being a big pole through a part of some of the balconies, but I guess not on this cabin??

No one answered the one question though--the cabin ITSELF--is it the same size as the standard balcony cabins??

We have never had an aft cabin and we are not normally prone to seasickness at all, but we do love to spend a lot of time in our cabin. We need to make a decision by Sunday, whether to keep this one, or go for a regular BD.

Thanks again for any info!

Just book it.......the aft cabins are the absolute best, with the view of the wake and seeing both sides of the ship.

I don't think the cabins themselves are any larger, but being aft and the larger balcony make it so worth it. You are very lucky that it's available since they are usually gone first. I search for the aft availability before deciding on a cruise...and actually felt like I had to give up something when for our next cruise I got an Emerald side mini instead of a regular balcony cabin pure aft.

Judy

OK, thanks. I know there is a very dedicated group of folks that think aft cabins are the very best on the ship! ...and other folks think it's not worth the trouble.. :) I guess we will figure out which ones we are soon, as we will probably take the aft cabin..

Check out this link...provides a lot of information and pictures on the Princess Aft Cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=beam

We just experienced our 1st aft cabin on the Emerald Princess and loved B748. I booked our cruise when all of the balcony cabins were the same price for the 12/20/08 Emerald.

Archived