Paris hotels

ibcruisin

Any suggestions for a hotel in Paris - next summer. We will have about 2 days to spend before heading to Barcelona. We want to see as much as possible in those 2 days (whirlwind I know).

We are also having a two day stop over in Paris before heading to Barcelona. I booked a very nice hotel which is very popular with American tourists on tripadvisor.com (#13 out of 1,469 reviews!). This hotel is right across the street from Napoleons Tomb and the metro, and also within a short walking distance to the Eiffel Tower and Seine River. The rooms are said to be fairly small, but very clean and modern. The price is a bargain for Paris at only 100 Euro per night. You can contact Madame Catherine, proprietor, at: http://www.hotelmuguet.com

Any suggestions for a hotel in Paris - next summer. We will have about 2 days to spend before heading to Barcelona. We want to see as much as possible in those 2 days (whirlwind I know).

it would certainly depend on what you want to spend.

We love the Hotel Napoleon.. they have package deals, car transfers included from airport , tours etc.. so really if you post your price range you might get a better range of help..but this is an absolutely wonderful hotel in Paris in the best location

Http;//www.hotelnapoleon.com

My husband & I are staying 3 nights at the Hotel Clos Medicis next May. It's located at the crossroads of St-German-des-Peres and the Latin Quarter, just steps away from the Luxemburg Gardens. Closest metro stop is the Odeon.

It's a small hotel with a only 38 rooms. Optional breakfast can be taken in the lobby or outdoor patio.

Located at 56, rue Monsieur-Le-Prince.

Rates start at 170 Euros - 185 Euros depending on the season.

www.closmedicis.com

My wife and I stayed there in 2000. It is a great little hotel. We found breakfast to be expensive . There was agreat little pastry shop down the street where we grabbed some croissants and coffee in the morning.

My husband & I are staying 3 nights at the Hotel Clos Medicis next May. It's located at the crossroads of St-German-des-Peres and the Latin Quarter, just steps away from the Luxemburg Gardens. Closest metro stop is the Odeon.

It's a small hotel with a only 38 rooms. Optional breakfast can be taken in the lobby or outdoor patio.

Located at 56, rue Monsieur-Le-Prince.

Rates start at 170 Euros - 185 Euros depending on the season.

www.closmedicis.com

As ClaudiaF has said, this depends on your budget.

Priceline has hotels in Paris, but then you'll be in chain hotels, sacrificing charm as it were (if that's important to you) for $$ savings.

A few years ago we stayed in the Hotel Monge (http://www.hotelmonge.com) in the Latin Quarter. I'd recommend this to anyone who isn't looking to spend a fortune (but demands a clean, comfortable, convenient room) and likes to walk around cities and explore real neighbourhoods.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am looking to stay away from the hotel chains and stay in a clean, quaint hotel. I would like to stay close to the heart of Paris. The Hotel Muguet quoted a triple at 140 euros, a steal compared to the Marriott etc. I like the last suggested hotel (closmedicis) as there are markets, bakery etc just a few doors away. That hotel is pricing a triple at 260. Hotel Monge looks perfect as well and I am awaiting a price quote from them. I love the location of Hotel Napolean but the price is at 408. So many choices!

I know too many choices makes it more confusing. I just want to make the right decision for my DH and DD.

Thanks !

In 1999, at the suggestion of friends, we stayed at the Victoria Palace, 6,Rue Blaise-Desgoffe. Beautiful, small boutique-type hotel, breakfast included. Silk wallpaper, marble baths, an absolutely charming victorian type sitting room with fireplace. I noticed it is #5 in Trip Advisor, and getting rave reviews.

We took a land trip to Paris this earlier this month and stayed at the Hotel Langlois (also known as Hotel des Croises). It was 99 Euro for two twin beds in a very large, newly renovated room with private western bath and mini bar, phone, TV.

The whole property was recently renovated and returned to period details like crown molding, antique furniture, embossed wallpaper, etc.

Breakfast is available for about 10 Euros, but there are many cafes and pastry shops nearby with cheaper choices.

It's located a couple of blocks from the Opera, near the Trinite Church. Very central and super service. I'd highly recommend it.

We were in Paris for 3 nights in July and stayed at the Hotel California, one block from the Champs Elyssee. It is about 1/2 mile from the Arc de Triomphe and was quaint and very nice. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet each day which is included in the price. The George V metro station is the closest and it was very easy to get around.

We have just returned from a week in Paris after our cruise and stayed at the most delightful boutique hotel on rue St. Honore which is close to 2 metro stops, the Louvre, Tuilleries Gardens, Place Concord and Place Vendome and to the shops. It is classified as 3 star but in my opinion it is better than some 4 star.

It is called Hotel Le Relais Saint Honore and is only 12 months old but in an old building.

The email address is relaissainthonore@wanadoo.fr and the website is

www.relaissainthonore.com

I can highly recommend it if you are looking for luxury at a good price in a small hotel of only about 18 rooms.

Jennie

Can anyone share if they used Priceline for Paris, what hotels did they receive for thier bid, and how much they bid? I do understand that Priceline awards chain hotels, but I am still interested if I can save money. Thank you

• 3 months later...

When we stayed in paris, our travel agent recommended a hotel purchased by Best Western (of the US hotel chain)....When we went to the Best Western website, you wouldn't believe how many small wonderful hotels they now own in Paris. We stayed at one near the Opera district and it was just great! We even took a side trip for 3 days to London and left the majority of our things at the hotel and only took a small suitcase with us. The hotel locked up our suitcase of clothes and kept them safe for our return. You should check out their website, since they also have wonderfully competitive rates and are not your typical Best Western type hotels. I can't recommend it enough.

Have fun!

June

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about Best Western - my favorite BW hotel in Paris is Le Beau Manoir which is just off La place de la madeleine - near the metro, great breakfast - although it backs up to Hediard and Fauchon where you can get great take-out!!!!

Archived