Evening wear for children

lindasuej

Nice shorts and a shirt are fine for a six-year old. The pants might be a little better because the dining rooms can get a little chilly. But fashion-wise? The shorts are good as long as you think that he's adorable in them.

I have rarely seen the boys in shorts at dinner. Mostly long pants and nice shirts. I think it's also kind of fun to dress them up a bit. Seems like we never see the boys dressed up.

The Children's Place had nice oxfords on sale for $6.99 and ties for only $2.99 this week. I grabbed a few for Sunday's cruise.

When we went on our 4 night cruise. I dressed my 18 month old in dress pants (that had elastic waist so they were comfortable) and short sleeve polo shirt (untucked). Nothing dressy,but still looked nice. I didn't see any kids in shorts, or shirts and ties (even on the "formal" night). Have fun!

Having just returned I'll stand by my statement that most kids were dressed nice and not in shorts. A lot of the little girls were in Princess dresses.

Even the adults seemed more dressed up then the last time I cruised Disney. I saw a man turned away with shorts and a tank top on, what was he thinking???

I think it's also kind of fun to dress them up a bit. Seems like we never see the boys dressed up.

Bingo. When we went on our Magic cruise several years ago, I got a nice child's tuxedo (in the same general style as mine) off of eBay in my then five year old son's size for about $25. Both the photos and looks we got on formal night (with his mother and older sister dressed in matching gowns) were absolutely priceless.

Or stated differently, childhood is too short not to take advantage of the few opportunities like this.

We just got off the Wonder also. Even though January is a cold month I did not see any little boys in shorts at the formal dinner. My little seven year old nephew wore his black pants with a white shirt and clip-on tie and looked adorable with his older sister in her long dress. I agree with the above poster, they are constantly taking your photo and sometimes they do come out just like you remember sittting there that night and you have to have it. As a family we enjoyed dressing up. Hope you have a good time, wish I was going again.

Archived