We just broke up....now what

cfb

Since none of us know the circumstances surrounding the OP's break up with his GF, I would submit that if she left for another man, no one would be making recommendations that he try to take her on the cruise anyway. If that is the case, I say yes, go get you a hottie and have a great time in that suite!

I actually did, Howard. Thanks for reading the thread, there bud. Perhaps you have some insightful information for the original poster instead of a comment on another posters habits that you would like to share?

I've got some insightful information that I'd like to share with you. Let the moderators decide what should or should not be posted - that's not your job - whether here, or any other thread. It is a public forum - people can post what they like, whether it meets your standards for relativity or not. Quit jumping on people when you don't think it directly addresses what you believe OP asks. Who really cares if people are giving advice on relationships? Is it really bothering you so much? If so, don't read it. If you really want to be a moderator so badly, contact Laura.

Howard

Well said....

I've got some insightful information that I'd like to share with you. Let the moderators decide what should or should not be posted - that's not your job - whether here, or any other thread. It is a public forum - people can post what they like, whether it meets your standards for relativity or not. Quit jumping on people when you don't think it directly addresses what you believe OP asks. Who really cares if people are giving advice on relationships? Is it really bothering you so much? If so, don't read it. If you really want to be a moderator so badly, contact Laura.

Howard

forgive me for suggesting *getting another chick* to travel with

you..:o

you could still travel together..call it a cooling off period..and perhaps she ll fall in love all over again..or realize she never fell out of love in the

first place..

though a few drink s can dampen the pain..it never solves any love

problems..

Howard

With all due respect, Howard, it goes both ways. If my posts bother you that much, you're more than welcome to stick me on ignore or report me to the moderation team. And I'm not saying this in an antagonistic way at all, I have a lot of respect for you and your opinion even if we don't agree. And I could extrapolate from your post that everyone is entitled to post what they like ... except me, because you don't that indulge the tendency of people on this board to view topics like this as open season to pry into a poster's personal life -- no matter how well intentioned. I know that's not what you mean, but quite frankly, that's how it comes off. If someone *wants* relationship advice and asks for it, great. If someone comes in here with a cruise problem created by a personal situation they don't particularly want to give the details on, I don't see why they should become fodder for the board mill. The OP asked for advice on what to do about the cruise, not his relationship. You're right though, I should have just flagged it moved on.

Wow, thanks for all the input. I hate to think this started a fight amongst posters. For those that picked-up the drunk vibe, you were spot on. I was very much drowning the ole sorrows. The bar girl thing was a total joke. That's a quick way to end up with some psycho and a burning sensation when I pee. I wish a Charlie Harper type but not so much. It's a great fantasy though!!!! As for the current situation, I have no idea what's going to happen. The problem wasn't a pregnancy, cheating, or some weird crazy issue. To say it simply, it's the burden of combining families of two divorced parents. But, not to get too Dr. Phil I'll leave it at that. I'm lovin' all the comments and advice. If I don't end up going with her, I'll go it alone. We can use my big ass suite to drink all the smuggled booze!!!!!!!

Wow, thanks for all the input. I hate to think this started a fight amongst posters. For those that picked-up the drunk vibe, you were spot on. I was very much drowning the ole sorrows. !!!!!!!

that was me who first posted that... guess Iv been there and done that, or my bf has when we hit a rough spot and I recognized the talk.

Im looking forward to meeting you on Conquest

fire

yeah you got about 200 people called crazies, we can find a way to consume smuggled booze. But seriously, I'd find a friend or someone to go with ya. We dont wanna be circling the gulf waiting on the coast guard to come help!!! Although we will have a future coast guard rescue swimmer on board.

Wow, thanks for all the input. I hate to think this started a fight amongst posters. For those that picked-up the drunk vibe, you were spot on. I was very much drowning the ole sorrows. The bar girl thing was a total joke. That's a quick way to end up with some psycho and a burning sensation when I pee. I wish a Charlie Harper type but not so much. It's a great fantasy though!!!! As for the current situation, I have no idea what's going to happen. The problem wasn't a pregnancy, cheating, or some weird crazy issue. To say it simply, it's the burden of combining families of two divorced parents. But, not to get too Dr. Phil I'll leave it at that. I'm lovin' all the comments and advice. If I don't end up going with her, I'll go it alone. We can use my big ass suite to drink all the smuggled booze!!!!!!!

Dude, now that I see that you're cruising with the Crazies.... YOU HAVE TO GO!!!!!

....Just trust me, the tales are legendary. If even 10% are true, you'll come back a new man. :D

You have a buddy that you can take wih you?

My girlfriend/partner and just officially called it of. We have a suite booked and I still wanna go. Can I just go without her and pay full fare or can I sub a buddy for her???? HELP????

I haven't read all the pages.

When is the cruise?

Yes, you can go alone.

Yes, you can bring a buddy as long as it's a guy. :D;)

Ok, my advice, there is a roll call going for this cruise, get involved with it, you can make friends that way. I had the most fun of my life (even my DW will admit to that) cruising solo, just go on to the ship with an open mind and have fun.

Now if you really want to take someone, DON'T take a buddy, simple fact is he is bound to end up hooking up with some woman who is traveling with her sister/mother/great aunt Betty, meaning the cabin you paid for will be his fun place while your left out in the hallway.

Every guy has a best female friend that is strictly platonic, invite her, chances are she knows you as well if not better than your ex, you can have fun toegether without there being that sex thing hanging over you both and if it comes down to it, who knows maybe the friendship will blossom.

Oh, I would invite her sister, but that's me, I took an ex's best friend on a cruise once, not so good, best friends are more loyal than sisters :eek: flame away :D

Ok, my advice, there is a roll call going for this cruise, get involved with it, you can make friends that way. I had the most fun of my life (even my DW will admit to that) cruising solo, just go on to the ship with an open mind and have fun.

Now if you really want to take someone, DON'T take a buddy, simple fact is he is bound to end up hooking up with some woman who is traveling with her sister/mother/great aunt Betty, meaning the cabin you paid for will be his fun place while your left out in the hallway.

Every guy has a best female friend that is strictly platonic, invite her, chances are she knows you as well if not better than your ex, you can have fun toegether without there being that sex thing hanging over you both and if it comes down to it, who knows maybe the friendship will blossom.

Oh, I would invite her sister, but that's me, I took an ex's best friend on a cruise once, not so good, best friends are more loyal than sisters :eek: flame away :D

I couldn't agree with you more.

One of my buddies was always the heartthrob of the gang. (There are 4 of us who have been friends since 1st grade we are all 46 now) He could get lucky at a funeral (and trust me he has *LOL*) So that situation you mention would definately happen if I had brought him.

The platonic female friend might not be platonic after a week in a cabin with a lot of alcohol and that would make even more problems :(

The former GF that is now a best female friend is out because her husband wouldn't let her go (one more reason he is an A Hole *LOL*)

Best friends sister is out because I have known them as long as my buddies , so it would be like taking my own sister. Although............*LOL*

I couldn't agree with you more.

One of my buddies was always the heartthrob of the gang. (There are 4 of us who have been friends since 1st grade we are all 46 now) He could get lucky at a funeral (and trust me he has *LOL*) So that situation you mention would definately happen if I had brought him.

The platonic female friend might not be platonic after a week in a cabin with a lot of alcohol and that would make even more problems :(

The former GF that is now a best female friend is out because her husband wouldn't let her go (one more reason he is an A Hole *LOL*)

Best friends sister is out because I have known them as long as my buddies , so it would be like taking my own sister. Although............*LOL*

:confused: Did the OP abandon his userid and switch to this one? :confused:

What happened to cfb ?

I hope you still go on that cruise...with or without anyone else...and that you have a blast. :) Good luck to you.

wow.

interesting.....

Archived