aft cabins on high decks

RJ007

Question??? I will be traveling on the niew amsterdam next year and have chosen a high aft cabin in the va cat after several recommendations. Can anyone give me their thoughts, opinions. The bonus is larger cabin + verandah. Have been on several cruises, but never this location. Any help would be appreciated. The itinerary will be med.

Hi Karen,

thanks for taking the time to calm my concerns. Was the cabin and deck that much larger? We are on an October 6th 2010 from Venice to Barcelona, very hot weather shouldn't be an issue, cruising on the Neiuw Amsterdam, rotterdam deck. First time with HAL. We cruised Alaska on Diamond Princess and I was very happy I selected a balcony cabin that provided coverage from the weather and for privacy.

RJ

The cabin was a a nice size, I don't recall it being unusually large. The veranda was large with two chairs, an ottoman, table and two recliners. Not sure what the balcony will be like on the Niew Amsterdam but it will be perfect for a fall cruise. Lucky you.

We throughly enjoyed our aft cabin aboard the Eurodam

We were pleased with the size of our cabin, and the location was lovely and quiet.

I know the Eurodam balconies at the stern are not as deep as other Hal ships, have no idea how deep they will be on this new ship. However I do know you will love the experience of a "wake view cabin".

Sunrises,sunsets and the glorious wake enjoyed from your balcony will add so much to your cruise.

Have a wonderful time.:)

We throughly enjoyed our aft cabin aboard the Eurodam

We were pleased with the size of our cabin, and the location was lovely and quiet.

I know the Eurodam balconies at the stern are not as deep as other Hal ships, have no idea how deep they will be on this new ship. However I do know you will love the experience of a "wake view cabin".

Sunrises,sunsets and the glorious wake enjoyed from your balcony will add so much to your cruise.

Have a wonderful time.:)

Uh oh, Colleen...you've broken our sworn-to-silence pack about "our" beloved aft cabins. :D

All this talk about wakes and views is making me wish I was sitting on one of them right now.

Diane

We have had an aft VA cabin on Zuiderdam and loved it. The only negative was that in tropical climates there just wasn't anybreeze circulating around the balcony as it was totally covered. The views are marvelous.

You must have been on the top deck because my aft balcony on the Zuiderdam in May (deck 6) hardly had any coverage and I know the ones below me didn't because I could see into them. I agree, though, I love an aft balcony on any ship.

Diane

Uh oh, Colleen...you've broken our sworn-to-silence pack about "our" beloved aft cabins. :D

All this talk about wakes and views is making me wish I was sitting on one of them right now.

Diane

Hi Diane,

My bad:o Sometimes I just can't help myself.:D..

....I would love to be sitting on one right now as well.... the wake ,a wine and sea air....does life get any better ?

We enjoyed the Oosterdam suite 7151 corner AFT so much two years ago, we booked the same suite for April 10th. 2010 for a 7 day Mexican Riviera. The balcony was huge, and the view was fantastic. It was only partially covered, and we could see balconies above us and they also could see us...but big deal...the more travelers waving and smileing at us the better. You will love the AFT experience. Don :cool:

Unless you experience rough seas. :eek:

Question??? I will be traveling on the niew amsterdam next year and have chosen a high aft cabin in the va cat after several recommendations...

...The bonus is larger cabin + verandah...

Those aft cabins on Eurodam are the same size as side facing cabins - in fact the verandahs are smaller than certain side-facing cabins on Deck 4.

Since Nieuw Amsterdam is the twin to Eurodam, it will be the same.

You must have been on the top deck because my aft balcony on the Zuiderdam in May (deck 6) hardly had any coverage and I know the ones below me didn't because I could see into them. I agree, though, I love an aft balcony on any ship.

Diane

Yes it was the top deck. Deck 8, Navigation deck..

Those corner suites are larger than the center suites. Check it out in a brochure, or online photos of an AFT corner room. Loved the wrap-around balcony, but around the side of it was way too windy - back part was beautisul though...and big. Table, two chairs arond the corner, table, four chairs in back, plus two lounges.

Yeah baby, that's what I'm tal'kin about! :D - Don

The cabin was a a nice size, I don't recall it being unusually large. The veranda was large with two chairs, an ottoman, table and two recliners. Not sure what the balcony will be like on the Niew Amsterdam but it will be perfect for a fall cruise. Lucky you.

MissyLou - by looking at your signature it looks like you were in the aft cabin prior to the retrofit. I'm trying to decide which VA aft on the Westerdam to book. We are currently booked on the Navigation deck (deck 8). I'm trying to decide if we should move to deck 5 which seems to have the larger deck or stay where we are. Would love to hear what type of deck furniture would be on our deck. 2 lounge chairs would be perfect!

Archived