Looking for large stern (wake view) balcony

travelmatron

My sister and I were on the Oosterdam in May/June this year in cabin 8140, I believe. It was port side/stern. The cabin was large - the deluxe veranda at about 400 sq ft, and the balcony was huge and a wrap-around. In fact we hosted the Cruise Critic meet and greet party on the balcony with 35 guests as well as two HAL servers for champagne, mimosas and cold hors doevres. Pricy for 24 days, but what the heck, we are worth it!

The one below on deck 7 had a similar sized veranda, but the room was quite a bit smaller.

WOW, that's like a secret cabin isn't it? Thanks for sharing it! That's the kind of balcony I'm looking for, unfortunately it's not available when I am (and I can understand that!)

I've had that cabin and it's wonderful! The balcony is absolutely huge. You will need to book that baby at least a year out, but keep watching in case someone ever gives it up for whatever (can't imagine) reason.

All great ideas. Thanks! I looked at those wrap around balconies on the Spirit, are there other ships are in Carnival's Spirit Classthat I should look at too?

Some of the other classes of Carnival ships have corner cabins with larger balconies, most of them are category 9A's and are on Conquest class ships, so would be interesting to check into. You can check this website for cabin and balcony sizes for your specific cabin on your specific ship that you're interested in.

All great ideas. Thanks! I looked at those wrap around balconies on the Spirit, are there other ships are in Carnival's Spirit Classthat I should look at too?

Any of the Spirit Class will have the same layout. Spirit, Miracle, Pride, Legend.

We had 4237 on the Miracle in Feb and thought it was great. The balcony is incredible! We'll have the same cabin on the Spirit to Hawaii in April and can't wait! :)

The 2 aft wraps on deck 4 have a large overhang which I like and the railing does not angle in as much as the other decks so you get even more usable space. The wraps on deck 5 are just one large room, not separate bedroom like on other decks. But they all have that great balcony!

• 1 month later...

Keep checking the Carnival website. I booked earlier this year for a 02/16/10 cruise on the Miracle. Originally chose 4230 aft cabin extended balcony as DH and myself wanted to try the back of the ship this time. Last year we were in 5116 all the way forward in an extended balcony which was great. Anyhow, I have heard so much about the aft wrap balconies on the spirit class ships. I always wanted to try one.

In talking to my TA about it, she said just keep checking the Carnival webpage and if I were to see one come available, to let her know. Well lo and behold after checking the webpage at least a dozen times a day for the last 5 months or so (I know, get a life!), anyhow all of the sudden cabin 4228 came up. So needless to say I called my TA she got ahold of Carnival and WE GOT IT for not much more that our regular aft cabin.

So always keep checking. You never know what cabins will come up!!!

Deck 5 on a spirit class does not have a true suite cabin. Its just a glorified bigger room. If you can get any other corner-- fabulous.

For the money=-= try NOT to take the corners on deck 5

It's great to be reminded to keep checking. At one point in my life, I knew that, but I've been discouraged lately at not finding anything I want when I want it. Now I know to keep checking...but NOT to get excited about deck 5. Thanks so much for those tips!

Some of the other classes of Carnival ships have corner cabins with larger balconies, most of them are category 9A's and are on Conquest class ships, so would be interesting to check into. You can check this website for cabin and balcony sizes for your specific cabin on your specific ship that you're interested in.

FYI - Carnival changed all or most of their categories. My 9A (cabin 8448 - aft corner w/wrap around deck) for my September 2010 cruise on The Conquest is now considered a 9-C.

Archived