Changing outfits throughout the day

daisy7113

I love dressing for vacation! I say, keep doing what you're doing as long as it's working for you.

I have two outfits per day. I dress for my day in the morning. Capris, casual summer dresses and camis in the day. In the evening I dress for dinner; usually nice summery dresses.

Port days, I throw on my bathsuit with cover-up, have breakfast and hit the beach!

I don't do the pools on the ship.

I used to pack like the original poster, then after a couple of cruises I decided I was taking too much. I make a check list for each day of the cruise. Port days I plan on a swimsuit and cover-up sun dress (wear these again on the ship when I go to the pool on sea days), sea days I bring a capri or shorts outfit and sometimes I just end up wearing one of the sea days outfits again for breakfast in the dining room or after we return from the beach...nothing wrong with wearing things twice for an hour or two. For evening I bring two formal dresses and one outfit for each evening. Sometimes an outfit for the evening will be the same black skirt or slacks with a different top. I plan my wardrobe around packing as few shoes as possible. We have found we enjoy our cruise much more when we don't spend too much time packing/unpacking and dragging all that luggage.

I had a suitcase my girlfriends used to call the "monster" it was that big. Plus my wardrobe bag for my dresses.... Plus my make up "bag", etc. You get the picture. No I don't pack like that anymore or wear make-up anymore, or wear heels. I consider myself a FREE woman LOL :p

I don't do the pools so I have an advantage. I dress in the morning for the day.. shower and change for dinner, stay in those clothes for the evening (only exception sometimes I'll change on formal night)

Getting dressed twice in one day is enough for me. Someday I would probably like to do a PJ cruise. I'm sure I'd be a happy nude cruiser if I wasn't so worried about distressing the other folks.

Sign me up for the PJ cruise - I LOVE, LOVE my PJ's - most of the time I am at home I spend in PJ's - they are so comfy! I probably have as many PJ's as clothes!:D

As for the OP - like many here I go for the swimsuit/cover-up all day and just change for dinner.

I wake up and put on my bathing suit and a dress from Victoria's Secret. This allows me in the diningroom or the buffet. I wear this type attire most of the day time no a cruise.

This is definitely the way to go IMO for those who's goal is light packing and efficiency. If I were trying to get by with as little as possible (and I'm not, lol) I'd put on a clean sundress for dinner every night and then wear it the next day over my bathingsuit until it was time to dress for dinner again.

I usually wear workout clothes first thing, then change into either swimwear or going-ashore-appropriate outfit, then shower and change before dinner. I don't change after dinner - And, sorry if TMI, but the cruise is when I break out all those sexy nighties that I got at my lingerie shower. (DH doesn't care - he says as long as it matches the carpet....)

DH, on the other hand, wears jeans and T-shirts and maybe changes into a cruise shirt for dinner. We don't do Cruise Elegant night - just not interested - so he only takes 1 extra pair of shoes, suede loafers that he wears all over the place.

One cruise I tried to pack like DH (he kept suggesting that his was the better way!) - and I was miserable!! So, he will just have to put up with my having more clothes and shoes packed than he does!

This is definitely the way to go IMO for those who's goal is light packing and efficiency. If I were trying to get by with as little as possible (and I'm not, lol) I'd put on a clean sundress for dinner every night and then wear it the next day over my bathingsuit until it was time to dress for dinner again.

I have purchased 3 different colors of the same dress from VS. It is not really a cover up but I think it is perfect as one. It is cute, made of cotton and very comfy. I have had someone on the lido try to buy the red one from me before. :eek:

I too overpacked on my first cruise as I was not sure what to wear. Now On sea days I stay in bathing suits with a cover up till dinner and then go change. Although I don't really go in the pools, I do use the hot tubs from time to time, but mostly I am just lounging by the pool reading a book or listening to the music. I have done laundry (I know sad) but it has helped in my packing decisions as I know I can always just throw something in the wash and wear it again.

Archived