live on the ryndam

cdkempton

We're leaving Sitka for Hubbard Glacier. The weather has been fantastic. We've been enjoying the 2 fers in the Piano Bar each night before our 8 o'clock fixed sitting. HAL has finally enriched the cruising experience by offering these "happy hours". The 4:30-5:30 one is o.k. for those eating early but for us eating at 8:00, the 2 for 1 martini in the Piano bar is just right. :):p They are 7 - 8 o'clock. Cheers!!!!!

Hope to see you on the Ryndam for the southbound trip. Since we did not get up a meet & greet maybe we will see you in the piano bar. My daughter mentioned to me on the plane she wants to go there in the evenings. If you see a upper 50's "chubby" lady with short curly hair with a tall 28 year old daughter with shoulder-length hair there please introduce yourself.

We were on the Ryndam for 14 days approximately a month ago. I wish we were on it again already.

If you don't have plans in Seward I highly recommend taking one of the longer boat tours. There are 3 (or more) tour operators which offer the same tour, lasting around six hours and taking you very close to a glacier that is almost always calving. You will also (probably) see humpback whales, sea otters, puffins, sea lions and other wildlife.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

glad you're having a great time! We just got off her about 10 days ago. Have you been onboard since the 28th? If so, I have a few pictures of her sailing past stanley park and under the bridge (we wanted to say goodbye) that I'd be happy to share.

If you wouldn't mind doing me a favor, when we left, we never got to say goodbye to our favorite lido bar steward. His name is Michael. So, if you see him, can you tell him that Jeff and Jennifer say Good-bye? (and grab a picture if you wouldn't mind terribly :o)

Archived