Cruise leave port (Galveston) at 4 - Latest time to Board?

shopalot11

Due to homeland security regulations, all people must be on board at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. That means you should arrive to the port at least two hours before the ship is scheduled to leave.

Please look at your cruise documents - they are very specific about this. I believe that you must be onboard at least one hour prior to sailing. We are always so excited that we try to get onboard as soon as the doors open. Enjoy your cruise.:):):)

You should plan on arriving at least 2 hours before (leave time for parking, dropping off your luggage, checking in, etc). Look at your cruise documents for the specifics.

Don't leave it to chance. Not sure if you are driving in from Houston, but if so, you never know how traffic will be on I-45 South. Traffic can be quite heavy on this freeway, sometimes for no apparent reason. And if there is an accident your entire timeline could be thrown off.

Due to that, I wouldn't plan my arrival to be exactly 2 hours prior. I would aim for no later than 12 or 1pm to be safe.

Archived