Choosing a cabin on Ocean Princess

Cdnmomma

My husband and I are thinking of booking the 7-day Ireland/Scotland voyage on the Ocean Princess next summer. I've never been on a smaller ship before but am excited about the prospect!

We are thinking of booking a cabin on Deck 3, which also happens to be the lowest deck of the ship where the doors to tender are. Has anyone booked a room on this deck before? Is it very noisy? Are there any potential drabacks to being so low on the ship? My previous experience has been on the Crown Princess on the 14th deck, so this would be quite different!

Thanks in advance!

We have cruised on the Tahitian Princess (soon to be re-named Ocean Princess), and had a great balcony cabin on deck 6. It was quiet, even directly above the theater. In the future, deck 7 would be our ideal choice of decks on this ship, or her sister ships. Deck 7 is between 2 other decks that only have cabins, and no public spaces. It is probably very quiet.

We don't have knowledge of deck 3, since it is close to crew areas of the ship. We don't know if there would be noises from these areas. Maybe someone else reading this board can comment.

Enjoy your cruises.:)

DavidnSteph

Good question and I hope someone who has stayed in that location speaks up. We chose Deck 7, the first balcony next to the lifeboats on the OP. I hope it's a good location as well. It's so hard to decide when this ship is so totally different from the Grand & Sun Class ships!

The lifeboats are on Deck 6 not 7. We just got off the Tahitian and had cabin 6048 which is the first one behind the lifeboats.

Thanks so much for all of the responses thus far. We're torn between an oceanview and a balcony room for this trip, it's really hard to decide. Hopefully someone who has had a room on the lower deck of a small ship can give us their opinion too.

What I look for is the lowest deck that has accessible cabins. Sometimes, depending on the ship, it's deck 4 or 5. On my last one it was deck 7 & my next one it will be deck 8. Even on deck 4 there wasn't any noise. I told the people back at work that I was so low the only separated me from the ocean was the paint on the hull. I realized of course there were two or three decks below me for the crew's quarters.

Archived