Fashion help needed

Cruzin in 09

Ok so I haven't had an opportunity to wear a formal since high school(many years ago). Anyway today I found a dress that I love and will work for formal night on Carnival. It's long, black with a beaded medallion looking design right under the bosom. It fit great and looks great on so I bought it. Oh and best of all it was only $19 at Ross. I plan to find some low heeled strappy black shoes to go with it and will either wear some emerald green costume jewelry or pearls that I inherited with it. My question is this I want to get a pashmina to wear but don't know if a bright colorful one would work or should it be more muted in color? Also if I go with the pearls and will a colorful pashmina work with shoes to match a color in the pashmina. Or if I go with the emerald green jewelry do I need to make sure the pashmina color matches the jewelry.

Ok so I haven't had an opportunity to wear a formal since high school(many years ago). Anyway today I found a dress that I love and will work for formal night on Carnival. It's long, black with a beaded medallion looking design right under the bosom. It fit great and looks great on so I bought it. Oh and best of all it was only $19 at Ross. I plan to find some low heeled strappy black shoes to go with it and will either wear some emerald green costume jewelry or pearls that I inherited with it. My question is this I want to get a pashmina to wear but don't know if a bright colorful one would work or should it be more muted in color? Also if I go with the pearls and will a colorful pashmina work with shoes to match a color in the pashmina. Or if I go with the emerald green jewelry do I need to make sure the pashmina color matches the jewelry.

Personally, I would stick with black. Emeralds are my favorite jewel, and they look so elegant with black. No need to take away from the elegance of the jewlery, trying to match them with a coverup.

I highly recommend a black shawl - whether it's pashmina or any other fabric.

A brightly colored shawl will take away from the dress, no matter what kind of jewelry you wear.

Have a great cruise.

I agree with Jane-stick with black-and yes the air is often cranked up-so you may need to cover your shoulders.

I guess calling it a shawl may have been misleading. Here is a picture of the dress by it self and one with the shawl thingy. LOL don't know exactly what it's called. I'm trying to figure out the shoes I feel that black would work but be boring, silver won't work because the jewelry is an antique gold color with the faux emeralds. But hey I have 2 months to find the shoes.

th_017.jpg

th_018.jpg

I think this look works very well and it feels so pretty on. Plus the best part is DH loves the look. If y'all hadn't suggested black I would have never thought of it. Thank you so much.

Archived