Holiday Inn

judie43

I have stayed there- excellent location that is quiet and walkable to most everywhere- without mobility limitations. Easy also for the cheap airport bus- if you pack light with a good rolling bag. Rooms were standard 2 bed rooms, plenty of room.

I stayed there in May. I loved the location, but the hotel was in the middle of a refurbishment. They were going floor by floor and I got stuck on a floor that had not been tackled yet. When I got to my room, I suprised a maintenance worker who was spraying some deodorant around the room. There was a musty odor during my entire stay. If I were you, I would call and ask if your room is on one of the floors that have been completed. However, I did enjoy my stay and would stay there again becuase of the price and location.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn this past November. Here is an excert from our trip report:

Holiday Inn French Quarter - Great location on Royal Street. Close to restaurants, shops and 1 block over from Bourbon Street. Within walking distance to all the area bar and attractions. We arrived at 10:00 am. Expected to just leave our bags with the front desk and start our day. Was surprised that our room was ready and we were given the key. We were on the 10th floor. No direct view from the room except tops of the surrounding buildings. However, it was on the same floor as the indoor pool, so very convenient. The room had 2 double beds. (we would have preferred 1 king, but no big deal) Typical Motel 6 type acommendations. The room was clean and the maid service kept it that way. The toilet did overflow on the 2nd day, but we called and they came and fixed it/cleaned the bathroom quickly. The hotel could stand for some updating, but in all it was fine and due to the location, wouldn't hesitate staying there again. The indoor pool was nice. On the small side though. Rectangle shape. Heated, but could have been heated a little more. We never saw anybody use it or the connecting fitness room. We swam one evening for about an hour. Would have been better if it had a whirlpool.

We have a few pics on our web-site also:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn

Archived