How do you "fall" off a cruise ship ??

southbayer

OK, forget about drunkeness.... How do you fall off a cruise ship, I mean really ??

The railing for me, comes up to my chest, I have to actually make an effort to climb over and "want to" go over...

Or am I missing something here .... ??:confused:

OK, forget about drunkeness.... How do you fall off a cruise ship, I mean really ??

The railing for me, comes up to my chest, I have to actually make an effort to climb over and "want to" go over...

Nobody ever "falls" off. They either do something stupid like climbing the rails or sitting on a rail....or someone tosses them....or they jump.

Alcohol is usually involved.

I wish they could study the brains of the people who do this as there are some that aren't trying to commit suicide either.

In my drunkest hour (many years ago though) a thought like this would never occur to me.

It must be the same thing wrong as the people who have compulsions to drive into oncoming traffic.

I was lost at sea in a small boat off Mazatlan without any supplies/food/water so I can't imagine how much worse it would feel like to be out there actually in the water. The regret must happen the second a person leaves the rail.

I think even in the worst storm in the Baltic, it would be hard to "fall" off a Carnival ship, not that one would be there.

Nobody ever "falls" off. They either do something stupid like climbing the rails or sitting on a rail....or someone tosses them....or they jump.

Alcohol is usually involved.

Sooo if you are sitting or climbing on the rail you can't fall off:confused: I climbed on a ladder one time.......and I told the dr. I "fell off"......I guess I didn't... I must have jumped and didn't realize it:rolleyes:

Under normal circumstances, it is impossible to fall overboard.

However, morons go to ingenious levels to defy the laws of nature and go into the deep blue.

For example, say you have a balcony cabin, and after a few drinks someone dares you to try and grab that towel on the balcony above you. So you pull a chair up to the rail, get up on it, on your tip toes, and lean waaaaay out and... just as you grab the towel you take it with you in a 80 foot free fall into the ocean traveling at 25 mph, where you mercifully break your neck upon impact and become fish food.

Or, in the best scenario, you survive the fall, after which you tread water for an hour and then get pulled into a floating Disney World. It could go either way.

Sooo if you are sitting or climbing on the rail you can't fall off:confused: I climbed on a ladder one time.......and I told the dr. I "fell off"......I guess I didn't... I must have jumped and didn't realize it:rolleyes:

Were you quote.gifhammered?quote.gif

I think Carnival needs to put signs on everyone's balcony, WARNING, do not sit or climb on rail. ... in case some people dont know. Maybe add a DANGEROUS. Could help the law suits later on if they come with warnings for the stupid who dont know they should not sit or climb on them?

Kinda like putting "dangerous sharp object" on the package of a knife?

I think Carnival needs to put signs on everyone's balcony, WARNING, do not sit or climb on rail. ... in case some people dont know. Maybe add a DANGEROUS. Could help the law suits later on if they come with warnings for the stupid who dont know they should not sit or climb on them?

Kinda like putting "dangerous sharp object" on the package of a knife?

I think it needs to be in the contract that way they don't have to spend billions putting up signs all over the many ships. Add a sentence: "if you are so stupid that you would stand or sit on the railing and fall over, we are not responsible for your health or stupidity"! :eek:

caryn

I think it needs to be in the contract that way they don't have to spend billions putting up signs all over the many ships. Add a sentence: "if you are so stupid that you would stand or sit on the railing and fall over, we are not responsible for your health or stupidity"! :eek:

caryn

They should hire contract lady.......G'ma:D

They should hire contract lady.......G'ma:D

lmao.... I never heard her called that, but she does cite the rules even when someone doesnt ask for them.

I do think a sign would be a good idea. Maybe folks need a warning that its dangerous. Something so they dont have to close in the balconys to keep folks from jumping off them. It is getting bad.

You're not missing a damn thing! If your not drunk, suicidal, or incredibly stupid, you can't "fall" off a ship!"

I have a great idea!

Carnival can install razor wire on all the railings. Could even electrify them for some added effect. Just a small voltage, you know, just for fun.

Then, the various outside decks could be named for prisons:

The Pelican Bay Lounge

The Alcatraz Bar

(see how I am keeping a nautical, yet penal theme here?)

Ok, what do you think? Would that cut down on the man overboard problem?

lmao.... I never heard her called that, but she does cite the rules even when someone doesnt ask for them.

I do think a sign would be a good idea. Maybe folks need a warning that its dangerous. Something so they dont have to close in the balconys to keep folks from jumping off them. It is getting bad.

I'm sorry, but I love my balcony cabin so I can sit and look out at the beautiful ocean and sky NOT to see some stupid sign telling me what I already know. If someone is so stupid as to climb a wet, slippery rail on a moving and rocking ship.. well..... if you are stupid enough to jump out of an airplane without a parachute, I can't feel sorry for you when you hit the ground!

Archived