Wine and dine packages

Any opinions on the wine and dine packages. Does it matter if you book it online or on the ship? I know you can take a bottle back to the stateroom, however, can you take it to a show? Lastly, for two people is it cheaper for people who drink lightly to do it per glass or buy the package?

Thanks

Any opinions on the wine and dine packages. Does it matter if you book it online or on the ship? I know you can take a bottle back to the stateroom, however, can you take it to a show? Lastly, for two people is it cheaper for people who drink lightly to do it per glass or buy the package?

Thanks

The price of the package is the same whether you book it on line or once you're on board. Of the three packages, IMO the "Platinum" is the best deal, based on the wines we enjoy...Of course, that's subjective. If you don't think you'd finish a bottle in a day, you can always opt for a 3-bottle or 5-bottle package for a 7 day cruise. The dining room staff will cork what's left for the next night, or you can take it with you. I think the "per glass" price comes out to less if you purchase by the bottle - plus you'll have a much better selectin.

We bought a 10 bottle package for 4 of us. 1 did not like wine when we got there and another got montizuma's revenge and gave it up on night 4. I felt obligated to drink 2 bottles almost myself the last night and have regreted it for the last year!!

We always get a Platinum 7 bottle package (if on a 7 night or over cruise)..

We like wine, but are not pciky....thus this is the best deal......sometimes we finish a bottle, sometimes not.....

check this out. i am not 100% sure if the pricing is still the same, but it gives you an idea...we order the ones with the best savings....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805524&highlight=wine+package+analysis

Archived