Cay Caulker or Bannister?

ogtiger10

Both of these have similar excursions. Which is the best place to go? Thinking of of doing some type of snorkel/beach combo. What is the difference in the actual beach, amenities, services offered?

We did Bannister a couple of years ago. It was gorgeous with lots of sand. The place has plenty of palapas, chairs and such but it is pretty small (read real small). There is a bar and food but we didn't eat anything. I heard that the prices were pretty high.

Cay Caulker is larger and has some shopping but, like Bannister, you have to take a boat trip for any good snorkeling. If you want a nice beach with just food and drinks, Bannister gets the nod. If you want to shop and look around , consider Cay Caulker.

So if some people aren't really beach people, Caulker would be the place, then they could shop? I don't want to be jammed on a beach with a bunch of people. Some of us want to go on a snorkel excursion but others aren't really sun people. Which would be better?

So if some people aren't really beach people, Caulker would be the place, then they could shop? I don't want to be jammed on a beach with a bunch of people. Some of us want to go on a snorkel excursion but others aren't really sun people. Which would be better?

Caulker. (IMHO) Bannister is nearly all beach or drinking.

Archived