Car Rental

Mr&MrsSmith

I'm new to cc and have been reading the boards to see if I can find anything about doing Roatan on your own. Has anyone rented a car and done it on their own? It seems everyone uses a tour or taxi? We are comfortable traveling and driving in other countries and never had a problem. Any help is appreciated.:)

Try this site. There's a car rental place at the airport which is near the port. It isn't too hard to get lost. Essentiall one road that makes a loop around the western beaches. Some side roads that usually end up at the ocean. Probably run you $50-$60 to rent a car for the day.

http://roatanet.com/listing/roatan-cycle-car-rentals.php

We rented a car here and it was our favorite day of the entire cruise. Once you walk off your ship there is a car rental guy holding a sign for Best Car Rental off to the right. We rented a truck from him and had a great day. Let me know if you need anymore info! :D

Thank you both for your reply. :D

We are definately considering this route since it is four of us and heading to the beach alone would exceed car rental for a day (We got quotes of 25 per person). It would save us money plus I hate to not really enjoy the island. We would love to drive around and get a real feel. =)

What do you recommend for the day? :rolleyes: Any special place to visit? I know we want to make lunch at the "hole in the wall" and head to the Tabayana area to snorkel. (probably by Banarama or Fosters?) but not sure where else to visit.

Any advise is appreciated =)

Thank you both for your reply. :D

We are definately considering this route since it is four of us and heading to the beach alone would exceed car rental for a day (We got quotes of 25 per person). It would save us money plus I hate to not really enjoy the island. We would love to drive around and get a real feel. =)

What do you recommend for the day? :rolleyes: Any special place to visit? I know we want to make lunch at the "hole in the wall" and head to the Tabayana area to snorkel. (probably by Banarama or Fosters?) but not sure where else to visit.

Any advise is appreciated =)

That sounds like a great plan! We just drove from one end of the island to the other and had a great time. Sounds like you are set to enjoy Roatan :D

Archived