Help Spain Ports

nimiq

Hello all,

Will be hitting two of these ports and would need info on whats you have done or and ideas on what to do ?

Barcelona,Spain

Palma De Mallorca, Spain

Let me now

sea ya

Eric

up-coming-Carnival Miracle March 2010

up-coming- Rccl Oassis of the seas Feb 2010

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

There is so much to say about Barcelona...and lots to say about Mallorca.

As a starter...go to your ship's excursion page and see what they are offering. I don't meant that you have to take the ship's tours...but it gives you a good idea as to what you can do on your own.

Start small.....read the excursions....see if anything appeals to you...then research on the web by going to 'google' for example, and reading about what interested you. There will be masses of information about Barcelona.

Or, get a guide book....there are alot out there available at Chapter's, and other bookstores and read up on the ports. That will give you information with maps, restaurants, highlights and suggestions for tourists. The best 'free' information is right here on the internet.

When you think you have an idea as to what you'd like to do...then ask for people's opinions as to whether your choices are feasible or not.

Remember, you are only in port for one day, you can't see everything..as much as you might want to!! You seemed to have cruised alot...how did you learn about the ports that you have seen.....use the same method for the new ports.

Hope that helps.

Simple questions to ask but the replies would need to be huge to give you info.

You should first check the PORTS section of CC for info to start you off. Then, IF YOU ARE LOGGED ON, back on this board you can use the SEARCH THIS FORUM button to key in the name of each place one at a time. That will bring up all previous posts containing that name, together with their replies. There are huge numbers of them. You can read them and pick up lots of info.

As above, read guidebooks and also check out the online info sites. Barcelona Tourist Board eg has a very extensive and useful tourist info site. The more you look into the more you find. Frommers is another good site, and there are plenty more.

After all that, when/if you still have something to ask, put your question on the board because people are more inclined to reply to something specific.

For Barcelona go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1052159. I've written some things about Barcelona here. I'm from Barcelona, and I live in Barcelona, so I think I can help you in everything you wanna know about it.

For Plama de Mallorca... I went there 3 years ago in a cruise. What I did was take a taxi and go to the Cathedral, walk a little bit and go back to the ship. There wasn't a lot of time, so that's everything I did.

For any question you have: ask me.

Archived