Hhhheeeelllppp!!!!!!!!!

tasha78

We took our 12 month old on a cruise last dec. and we are going again this oct. and she will be 22 months. You will have a great time. A few suggestions...

*Bring a computer/mini dvd player/book. - Once Mc was down for a nap or bed for the night, I needed something to do. I played video games, read a book and watched a movie dependig on my or who ever was in with her 's mood.

*book light/ mini flash light/ night light- it can be dark in the room when little one is asleep.

*2 sippy cups- wash one, use one- brought small bottle of dish soap

*1 pkg of take an toss spoons and forks

*Tape- we ask for an extra sheet and tape it up like a canopy over the pack-n-play so Mc cannot roll over and see us watching a movie or playing cards while she is doing down for a nap.

We use an over the door shoe rack and put all Mc's things in it... easy to see and get to.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023223&sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6023223

I took a few of her favorite (small) toys and packed them away about 3 weeks before we leave and take them with us. as well as a few new toys. I only took 4 or 5 toys in all, but she loved them.

I use two of our plastic bibs from home and just wipe them down well after she eats.

* 4 containers of Gerber pasta pick-ups, just incase she gets picky and will not eat the food from the dinning room. (probably will not happen, but we are fighting to stay in the 7th % in weight, so I want to hang on to it)

* pkg of goldfish crackers and pk of dried fruit for snack times.

* 2 juice boxes/ small bottles for each day. The juice on the ship is to sweet.

* sheets for the pack-n-play -their sheets are not very good.

Hope this helps.

We took our 12 month old on a cruise last dec. and we are going again this oct. and she will be 22 months. You will have a great time. A few suggestions...

*Bring a computer/mini dvd player/book. - Once Mc was down for a nap or bed for the night, I needed something to do. I played video games, read a book and watched a movie dependig on my or who ever was in with her 's mood.

*book light/ mini flash light/ night light- it can be dark in the room when little one is asleep.

*2 sippy cups- wash one, use one- brought small bottle of dish soap

*1 pkg of take an toss spoons and forks

*Tape- we ask for an extra sheet and tape it up like a canopy over the pack-n-play so Mc cannot roll over and see us watching a movie or playing cards while she is doing down for a nap.

We use an over the door shoe rack and put all Mc's things in it... easy to see and get to.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023223&sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6023223

I took a few of her favorite (small) toys and packed them away about 3 weeks before we leave and take them with us. as well as a few new toys. I only took 4 or 5 toys in all, but she loved them.

I use two of our plastic bibs from home and just wipe them down well after she eats.

* 4 containers of Gerber pasta pick-ups, just incase she gets picky and will not eat the food from the dinning room. (probably will not happen, but we are fighting to stay in the 7th % in weight, so I want to hang on to it)

* pkg of goldfish crackers and pk of dried fruit for snack times.

* 2 juice boxes/ small bottles for each day. The juice on the ship is to sweet.

* sheets for the pack-n-play -their sheets are not very good.

Hope this helps.

that's a great list...thanks....especially the canopy idea...:)

One more thing to add to the list would be stinky diaper bags. The rooms are so small and since I won't have my beloved Diaper Geanie, the diaper baggies are a must!!

I am sure they will be handy when we are in ports too.

u r so right...............

u r so right...............

Glad I could help! I have made list after list and I am so hoping that I don't forget anything. This is one item, that dawned on me just recently.

Now that the wheels are spinning, I just thought about a chaning pad. I've never seen any chaning tables in any of the bathrooms. Those really thin pads that come in diaper bags will likely be another really handy items.

I better go throw one in the suitcase right now!!!

You may want to think about taking a larger receiving blanket to use as a light weight blanket, as a cleaner place to for baby to play on, or as backup change table pad, probably more useful for younger travelers though!

Leave the diapers in their original packaging as they are more compressed than if you take them out and stuff them into every nook and cranny of your suitcase.

Regarding the too sweet juice, you could request the wait staff to water down the juice a bit. You have enough to lug around without bringing juice too! :)

Hope this helps,

N.

Archived