Catagory N

LindaKE

Category N is listed under Inside for our upcoming cruise, but the price is almost double the inside room rates. I know it is a GTY cabin, but why would someone pay double for an N if all you are guaranteed is a cabin? I'm just being curious.

I'm sorry, but what you are saying does not make sense to me either. Cat N is not always a guarantee...you have to select a guarantee for that to happen. Most people would then pick the lowest inside category that they can live with for a guarantee. I believe that Cat N is the lowest category on NCL....for example, the Pearl does not have any cat N cabins and there are only three cat M cabins on the Pearl and they are not in a good location at all.

Maybe if you would post the ship and the sailing, some of us here can help straighten this out. It may be just another NCL website glitch that will clear itself up.

I think they do this when they already have enough people booked under GTY and want people to start picking cabins. This happens from time to time on cruises you just need to follow ncl.com

That makes sense. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Category N is listed under Inside for our upcoming cruise, but the price is almost double the inside room rates. I know it is a GTY cabin, but why would someone pay double for an N if all you are guaranteed is a cabin? I'm just being curious.

I'm sorry, but what you are saying does not make sense to me either. Cat N is not always a guarantee...you have to select a guarantee for that to happen. Most people would then pick the lowest inside category that they can live with for a guarantee. I believe that Cat N is the lowest category on NCL....for example, the Pearl does not have any cat N cabins and there are only three cat M cabins on the Pearl and they are not in a good location at all.

Maybe if you would post the ship and the sailing, some of us here can help straighten this out. It may be just another NCL website glitch that will clear itself up.

Actually, the Pearl does have two (4501 and 4503) category N cabins. ;)

The reason that you see this "unusual" pricing is because, while there is still availability in a particular category, NCL is using the pricing to try to "steer" people into booking something else. For example, for the cruise I am embarking on in two weeks, there was a point where balcony cabins cost more than a minisuite. NCL was trying to get people to take the minisuites since so many were available. Howeverk, those who insisted on a balcony would just overpay :rolleyes:.

I hope that explanation helps.

We're on the Spirit. Category N is the only GTY listed and is listed after the inside cabins. But it is priced almost double any other inside cabin. The explanation about steering people to choose other options makes sense. Thanks.

We booked our cruise recently and were assigned N4569 on the Spirit. The price wasn't bad, but I'm not too sure how good that location is going to be. We are leaving on Friday Boston to Bermuda. I'm staying positive. It'll be fine:)

Archived