Sydney airport luggage storage???

Shopinpat

All you veteran flyers into syd airport. Does anyone know if you can store some of your luggage for a few days at the airport? We are getting of the ship and want to fly to Cairns for a few days and would like to leave some luggage at the airport. Do they have something like this at Syd Airport.?

Any info appreciated

thanks

Pat

Hi,

If you look up the Sydney Airport site, it says there is a luggage storage facility. They are located in the International Arrivals area, next door to MacDonalds. Their email address is storage@smartecarte.com.au.

The cost seems a tad high, but definately cheaper than paying for excess luggage on your flight. Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Jen

I will be flying in from LA so I am not familiar with the airport in Syd but I would assume it would be there international terminal. Do you happen to know where the storage is located at the terminal?
The flights to/from LA will operate at T1, which is the international terminal.

However, I was thinking just as much about your domestic flights, and your entire itinerary. When you get back from Cairns, which terminal are you arriving at? Are you going to pick up your stored bags and then fly straight to LA? Or are you staying more time in Sydney then?

And which airlines are you flying on?

All this has a bearing on which facility is the most convenient one to use, seeing as there's one at each of the three terminals.

thanks Jen,

Globaliser,

We will hopefully be flying jetstar from Cairns and staying in Syd for 2 days so you are correct I would probably want to store the luggage at the terminal for jetstar. do you know what terminal that is in?

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Has anyone used the SmartCarte locker storage recently? Is it safe? We are disembarking from a 2 week cruise and flying to Heron Island for 3 days. We would like to store our large suitcases at the Sydney airport rather than take them to Heron Island. We depart from the international terminal to fly home. Any advice is appreciated!