Fantasy - Our Cruise of "Firsts" - 8/31 - 9/5

chasinraynbowz

Thanks I'm forsure ready to go now. Our 1st cruise will be on the Fantasy on October 26th. Soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Oh how exciting for you!!! Fantasy was my first cruise also! I went on a 3 day out of Port Canaveral to see how I would like cruising (since I suffer from motion sickness). LOL, and we are already planning another cruise on her next year!!

Pam said,

As for the porter, we got one but didn't get "rushed" thru customs. Not sure you can get rushed... lol.

We noticed that very few folks who self debark use the porters. I think because so few self debarkers use them is the reason it goes so quickly. From the time our deck was called it took us less than 15 minutes to clear the terminal. Never even stepped foot in the "customs conga line.":p

Pam said,

We noticed that very few folks who self debark use the porters. I think because so few self debarkers use them is the reason it goes so quickly. From the time our deck was called it took us less than 15 minutes to clear the terminal. Never even stepped foot in the "customs conga line.":p

Are you saying you didn't go thru customs or that there was no wait??

Our wait was not customs (although there were some lines). Our wait was getting off the ship and getting our bags. Once we got our bags, we were thru customs within minutes and on our way to a taxi.

Hi Pam, what a great review!!and the pictures were fantastic!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and I love the story about the Birhtday Cake and Creme Brulee (one of my favorites too!!) It sounds like you had the best time from beginning to end......and a wonderful welcome home your son and your little VIP......how wonderful for you!!!!

See ya back in Floataway........

What a great review. I have traveled to NO many times and never thought of taking a cruise. Now I'm thinking. I too, would love to take a train but I think the distance & the time would be very restrictive. Flying would be my only answer. Taking a train to NO sounds so romantic.

Good job Pam! We've sailed on a lot of ships but Fantasy feels like "home" to us. The upgrades make her even better.

I asked about tomato soup on the Fantasy one time and the next night I had tomato soup but ONLY me. After I ordered, they told my dh that they just ran out. LOL

I was most impressed with the fact that Diane Ford was the comediane on your cruise. I used to watch her on HBO probably close to 20 years ago. She's always been one of my favorites. You lucky girl! I hope I can catch her on a ship sometime soon.

Good job Pam! We've sailed on a lot of ships but Fantasy feels like "home" to us. The upgrades make her even better.

I asked about tomato soup on the Fantasy one time and the next night I had tomato soup but ONLY me. After I ordered, they told my dh that they just ran out. LOL

I was most impressed with the fact that Diane Ford was the comediane on your cruise. I used to watch her on HBO probably close to 20 years ago. She's always been one of my favorites. You lucky girl! I hope I can catch her on a ship sometime soon.

Diane only did one show and got off the ship on Cozumel. I had never heard of her, but I will be keeping my eye out for her from now on. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!!

You stated there was only one pool on the ship, have they removed the other two? I remember more than one pool when I went in May of 08?

Yes, there is only one pool now on the Lido deck. There used to be another one at the back of the ship on the Verandah deck, but that is not the Waterworks area. The small kids pool is gone now too. That is the Serenity area now and had 2 hot tubs. (There are also 2 hottubs in the pool area also).

Hi Pam, what a great review!!and the pictures were fantastic!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time and I love the story about the Birhtday Cake and Creme Brulee (one of my favorites too!!) It sounds like you had the best time from beginning to end......and a wonderful welcome home your son and your little VIP......how wonderful for you!!!!

See ya back in Floataway........

Thanks Sue! We did have a great time. And Davis was just the icing on the cake! After getting home and when it was time for him to go home, he looked at me and said, "Can I take my car home?" I said of course. "Can I take my guitar home?" I said of course. "Can I take my Grandma home?" hahaha...

What a great review. I have traveled to NO many times and never thought of taking a cruise. Now I'm thinking. I too, would love to take a train but I think the distance & the time would be very restrictive. Flying would be my only answer. Taking a train to NO sounds so romantic.

LOL it could be romantic, but since I suffer from motion sickness (on anything that moves), I take Bonine and slept most of the way there... lmao!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We really appreciate your efforts for the great review and great photos...I can never get enough of those boat trails photos...one of my favorite places on a cruise ship. :)

Thanks so much!!! That is one of our favorite places too.

Archived