Best thing to do in Barbados

cruise1973

Check out the Boatyard in Barbados. Great beach where you pay to go in. Nice bar and beach close to where ship docks. Here is the website www.theboatyard.com

Pat

I wouldn't recommend the Boatyard unless you plan to get there very early - they ran out of shades very quickly (although miraculously found more when people started flashing the cash :rolleyes:). They advertised water features and a rope swing - they had one trampoline which the kids couldn't use because adults were lying on it and the staff were some of the surliest I've come across. The back of the beach was like a rubbish dump. The website looked great but the reality was different - we went at Easter this year, maybe they've improved since then.;)

Grab a taxi outside the port gate and get them to take you to one of the many stunning beaches Barbados does have to offer

The absolute best tour we ever took anywhere was the Thriller Tour & Snorkel with Steven Tryhane. This was a private tour booked on line. We had our own group of about 12 people. I would highly recommend this tour even if you don't snorkel. Steven is the best, and the day we toured with him his 13 year old daugher was his first mate. She was great also. You can see the turtles and fish from the boat. We ended up at a beautiful beach where we swam. On the way back we had some of the best rum punch I've ever tasted.

Archived