Can I Get a Better Deal Later?

redtinarn

If I book our cruise, myself, can I get any lower price offered later? Or do you have to have had a TA book it for you to get any lower rates offered later?

For your specific question, it really isn't a matter of TA vs. booking directly yourself. The real question is if it is before final payment due date or after final payment due date. If before final payment due date NCL will honor any price reduction no matter if you booked with them or through a TA. If after final payment due date NCL will not honor any lower pricing for existing bookings no matter if you booked directly through NCL or a TA. Once final payment due date has passed, your fare is your fare. Sometimes if the cost of the cruise drops enough after final payment NCL will upgrade you to a higher level stateroom, and again, that doesn't matter if you are booked via a TA or directly with NCL.

I have driven myselff crazy trying to figure this one out. I've booked early, probably booked more late than anything but that's just me.

After all of the self-inflicted brain damage my thoughts are when the price is right to you, book it. I don't personally chase price drops as I used to do that to but again brain damage for minimal results.

I just booked one I was thinking about when NCL came out with a promotion - I probably wouldn't have booked it otherwise. So my advice is to check out promotions and see if the $$'s work for you and book it.

Good luck

And, what others have found out the hard way. If you wait, the price could go UP. Fortunately, they do not raise your price once you have booked, even if not fully paid yet.

Yes! This is the most important reason to book as early as possible.

only our second cruise but we booked 2 rooms for a future cruise (Dec2009) back on our first (in March), to take advtange of a $150 OBC, and the prices have dropped $1200 USD for 2 rooms between March-August. Best to be aware of pricing on the NCL website, as they will not lower your price without a phone call. Unfortunately, we have to pay by Sept 21 so like the previous poster mentioned, no price reductions once paid in full...

Another thing I thought of after posting is that you have to also be careful of price drops in other way as well. If you originally booked at a certain price but the price included OBC, when the price drops and you rebook, you more than likely will loose your OBC. Sometimes it make it worth it to rebook and sometimes it doesn't. You just have to be careful and be aware of what promo you got when you originally booked and be aware you very well might lose it.

Archived