Closed Cruise Blues - Please Help

We're booked to sail on Rhapsody on 21 Nov (Queensland, Australia) We've been desperately seeking another cabin for my brother whom after years of trying to convince, has decided to join us on our next cruise, we know he and his wife would love it. The problem is we're told by RCCL (Australian Office) that this cruise is now fully booked and there's is no way for us to leave our details on a wait list, "as this is now a Closed Cruise". It's very frustrating that nobody is interested in taking our details, just in case a cancellation does arise as my other brother and his wife are also coming for their first cruise and it would have been lovely for all 6 of us to cruise together (unfortnately we can't find an alternative itinerary when we're all able to make it.)

I've tried sending an email via the RCCL web site a couple of weeks ago, explaining the situation and asking could they please consider putting my brother on a wait list. (Just in case) and I'm suprised not to have had a reply as yet.

I find it hard to beleive that there is no way for us to register our interest with RCCL for a cabin on this cruise just incase one does become available. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or know whom we might leave our details with, as the payment date for this cruise is Friday 12 Sept. and I'm worried that a cabin could become available, then taken if our details are not held.

We're booked to sail on Rhapsody on 21 Nov (Queensland, Australia) We've been desperately seeking another cabin for my brother whom after years of trying to convince, has decided to join us on our next cruise, we know he and his wife would love it. The problem is we're told by RCCL (Australian Office) that this cruise is now fully booked and there's is no way for us to leave our details on a wait list, "as this is now a Closed Cruise". It's very frustrating that nobody is interested in taking our details, just in case a cancellation does arise as my other brother and his wife are also coming for their first cruise and it would have been lovely for all 6 of us to cruise together (unfortnately we can't find an alternative itinerary when we're all able to make it.)

I've tried sending an email via the RCCL web site a couple of weeks ago, explaining the situation and asking could they please consider putting my brother on a wait list. (Just in case) and I'm suprised not to have had a reply as yet.

I find it hard to beleive that there is no way for us to register our interest with RCCL for a cabin on this cruise just incase one does become available. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or know whom we might leave our details with, as the payment date for this cruise is Friday 12 Sept. and I'm worried that a cabin could become available, then taken if our details are not held.

Have you posted on the Roll Call for this cruise to see if anyone may be able to help. Good Luck Larry

What size cabin do you have? Does it have a sofabed? If so why not add them to yourr cabin and then move them to their own if a cabin is available at the dock?

:)Hi, I have just checked on the web site that tells you which cabins are still available on some cruise lines. It says there are no staterooms available at the moment. Does this mean there might be some more released later

Good luck;)

Wait lists are unreliable anyways so I wouldn't worry about them not having a wait list. Final payment for your cruise hasn't arrived yet so you still have a chance for a cancellation. Alot of people wait until final payment to decide whether to cancel or not. Final payment for your cruise should be about Sept 12th so keep checking the website for cabins as cancellations may pop up soon.

What size cabin do you have? Does it have a sofabed? If so why not add them to yourr cabin and then move them to their own if a cabin is available at the dock?

If the cruise is sold out, that probably means they are at capacity and even if there is space, they can not add anyone else to the ship. Even if a ship has space available doesn't mean they are not at capacity.

We are on that cruise and it's been sold out for a while. Although our roll call thread is very slow the 12/1 is very active.

There was great pricing on this cruise and from reading other posts they promoted these 10 day great barrier reef cruises very aggressively in Australia.

We just paid our final payment but i think the other posters are correct, check after the final payment due date to see if anyone dropped.

Good Luck!

This is very simple. A "close cruise" means that probably not only is the ship sailing at full capacity; its in also in a "over sold" position plus there is a full list of people already on a waitlist. Even if he could get on the waitlist the chances are none he would be able to get on the cruise. I know that is a disappointment, but it wouldn't be fair to other trying to get on the cruise that he by pass all those already waitlisted. Keep checking back. Good luck!

Archived