Help us choose...

mjtripper

We are a party of 3 ( 2 sisters in our 40's and mom 70) and are planning a W.Med cruise for Oct 2010. We are looking at either RCCI Brillance of the seas (Oct 6-18)or Celebrity Century(Oct 13-25) . We have not cruised either line - wondering which would be the better choice for our age, weather, itinerary, ship Which would you choose and why. Thanks for your help.

Brillance:

Barcelona

Toulon

Florence

Rome

Naples

Sea

Venice

Venice

Dubrovnik

Corfu

Sea

Sea

Barcelona

Century:

Barcelona

Nice

Florence

Rome

Sea

Dubrovnik

Venice

Venice

Split

Sea

Naples

Sea

Barcelona

A Med cruise is always very port-intensive with so many things to do in port. Of the itineraries you shared, I liked the distribution of the sea-days with the Century itinerary better than the RCCL. I think a sea day after Rome would be welcome! I have not been to either Corfu or Split, but I have read that Split is really lovely. The Century is a lovely ship. I have not sailed on the Brilliance but I understand the Brilliance-class sips are very nice also. You have two nice cruises from which to choose. I would lean toward the Century but you couldn't really go wrong with either.

We are a party of 3 ( 2 sisters in our 40's and mom 70) and are planning a W.Med cruise for Oct 2010. We are looking at either RCCI Brillance of the seas (Oct 6-18)or Celebrity Century(Oct 13-25) . We have not cruised either line - wondering which would be the better choice for our age, weather, itinerary, ship Which would you choose and why.

This one is really close...

The itineraries are virtually identical--both Barcelona round triops, both 12 nights...

The ports are identical with the exception of Toulon and Corfu for the Brilliance and Nice and Split for the Century...

Toulon and Nice are an even trade-off, really not too far apart, but from Toulon, you could choose to tour Provence, from Nice you have the Cote d' Azur and Monaco/Monte Carlo...either makes for a good visit...

Split and Corfu, both Adriatic ports are another trade off...both are smaller ports, both nice...

The weather would not be a difference since both cruises do virtually the same route...

So, you are really just comparing between ship and cruise line...

The Century is a 71,545 gross ton ship that carries 1,808 passengers at full double occupancy...a space-to-passenger ratio of 39.57...Built in 1995 but completely refurbished in 2006...

The Brilliance is a 90,090 gross ton ship that carries 2,950...30.54...Built in 2002.

So, the Century is considerably less crowded...which would be the main decision point to me...

Though I love Royal Caribbean as well, I think the food and service is better on Celebrity...

Good luck...

Two good cruiselines.

Celebrity is my favorite, though.

They excel in the service area.

(RCI is my #2 favorite) ;)

The Europe Itineraries are port intensive,

so I do like the sea days split up better on the

Century.

We have been cruising for 8 years, and it all started

on the Century. She is a beautiful ship. When the opportunity arises,

I will sail her again!

My vote is for The Century.