Kids Cruising with Costa

cruiseaholic76

My DH and I have a cruise booked with Costa this November. It will be our second, but the first for our 7 & 3 yr olds. I haven't found any negative information on their kids club. My 3 yr old just wants to go to the beach, but 7 yr old is excited because she'll be able to meet kids from all over the world.

Costa was offering kids sail free thru their website which allowed us to upgrade to a balcony for the same price for all 4 of in an interior room on other lines. I've learned that they offer a special drink card for the kids - 20 drinks including sodas, smoothies, milk shakes, and virgin daquiris. It can be purchased online or onboard the ship.

One of the best things we did was go to the library and check out several books about cruises. It broke down each cruise line and helped us get a feel for what would be best for our family. It also had a lot of information on the different islands and things to do in each port.

Costa seems to get a lot of mixed reviews here on the boards. I've read the good, bad, and the ugly. I'm going into it with an open mind. I'm a firm believer that you get out what you put in and I think that sometimes people make things much worse than they are or need to be. I expect that there will be some things we won't like, but I figured we'd give a shot. I hope you have a great time on whatever cruise you pick.:D

and I forgot to mention, my DH and I are in our early 30's.;)

Thanks we are the same ages as you guys also and my son is 3. He loved the program that Carnival had. In Nov for the 3 of us we can go on Costa Atlantica for about $1000 for an inside cabin so I thought that was a great deal. We are debating between some other lines also so we'll see which one we pick. Have a great time on your cruise.

We've cruised Costa twice with the kids, on their KIDS FREE deal, which can't be beat!!!

The kids club, aka The Squokker Club, is on-par with Carnival, since they are sister cruiselines. Similar activities:face painting, parties, art/crafts, etc. My kids really enjoyed the fact that they would often get $$$ (Squokker Bucks) when they would participate in activities. Then, at the end of the week, there was a Squokker Buck auction, where they could trade in their $$$ for cool prizes. We came home with a backpack, CD case, frisbee, wallet, stickers, pencils, and a few other random items.

One other note--many of the Costa ships share the same layout as the Carnival ships (Conquest class?) So, the Kids Club were in exactly the same place and had the same layout on both lines. EX: Carnival Legend is the same as the Costa Fortuna.

Hope that helps!

--CeleBrat

• 5 months later...

I am wondering if any of you have any feedback regarding the kids club on Costa?? We're thinking of booking a last minute cruise with our 3 year old who is just now potty training. Costa offered the best pricing which is why we're considering this cruise. We did sail Costa once before so I know the ships are very similar to Carnival, but we have never used the kids club before on any ship.

Where are you planning on cruising with Costa?

The kids center is great. I've not had any problems with it. :) Everyone was very friendly and they had great hours. Our only complication we had was we were on a Med. cruise for 11 days. DD was one of 4 children who spoke English. We expected that and prepared her for the fact that there might not be kids who spoke the same language. She did great. She still had fun and wanted to go every night even though she had no one to talk to.

Archived