Now We'e Off to Carnival

Ships R Great

We tried RCL. You would think we would have learned but no, here we are off to Carnival Pride, on 9/27. It was a great buy and out of Baltimore, an easy drive for us. DH spotted it before I did, which has never happened before. I hope we have a better experience than we did on Monarch. We'll see (said with crossed fingers).

This is the "Celebrity Cruises" message board. Didn't you mean to post this on the "Royal Caribbean International" message board or the "Carnival" message board?

Nope. I meant to tell all of my fellow X-cruisers that I am trying yet another cruise line. RCL did not deliver. Now we will find out about Carnival. Great price/balcony for the Cheasapeake sail. Will I regret it? We'll see.

Nope. I meant to tell all of my fellow X-cruisers that I am trying yet another cruise line. RCL did not deliver. Now we will find out about Carnival. Great price/balcony for the Cheasapeake sail. Will I regret it? We'll see.

Shucks, I would have figured you would have wanted to tell all your fellow RCL cruisers that RCL didn't deliver. You should have sailed with Celebrity. :)

Go in open minded. Identify what you like, rather than compare the lessers. Whether or not you're 'dyed in the wool' X-er depends more on you than the other lines. Carnival doesn't have X Euro-elegant service. Some aspects of food service is less also. But Carnival does some very good entrees (Beef Wellington etc.) I think your cabin veranda will be teak veneer; X' M-Class is synthetic coating. Carnival's bedding is the best out there...

THEN THERE'S THE NEON... OOOOHH BABY!!:D:D

Have fun!

Gaudy glitz ship, funky friendly crew, good food, great bedding. No it's not X! But it has its virtues... At sea to the islands! Have fun!

I think that was well put. There were things on our last Carnival cruise that we did really enjoy (and the food was one of them). We do prefer X, and there are some Carnival itineraries I would not be brave enough to try no matter how inexpensive they are (too rowdy) but overall there are some very good things about Carnival. I will be interested in hearing your feedback when you return. But most of all - have a safe and enjoyable trip!

We have sailed RCL out of Baltimore, just because of Baltimore. So I get the whole Carnival out of Baltimore. I work with someone that is a Carnival VIP, and she just returned from her first Baltimore experience. She LOVED it.

Have fun. :D

Our Friends that we cruise with alot, Just sailed the Triumph,,,and hated they prefer RCCL and X way more. It varies ship by ship!
I wasn't crazy about the layout of Triumph but that didn't stop me from having a good time. If the ship doesn't sink, it's all good :D

Well, I'm going the other direction and will try X for the first time. Loved all my cruises, each a little different with pros/cons. Looking forward to trying the Summit. I would think that X isn't Carnival, considering the significant price difference I'm paying I expect it to be different. From what I read once you experince Celebrity it's difficult to go anywhere else. I do wish the Pride went to Bermuda, Baltimore is only an hour away.

We tried RCL. You would think we would have learned but no, here we are off to Carnival Pride, on 9/27. It was a great buy and out of Baltimore, an easy drive for us. DH spotted it before I did, which has never happened before. I hope we have a better experience than we did on Monarch. We'll see (said with crossed fingers).

I'm glad to hear this. We too just booked a Carnival cruise> All of our cruises have been on Celebrity and HAL. We saw a really cheap 4 day cruise during a week that my DW will be recuperating from hand surgery and I booked. I'm sure it will be a different experience form X, I doubt we will like it as much, but I'm sure we will have fun. (When my DW told her mother she said, "I can't believe you booked a cruise on Carnival!", but then offered to pay for our parking in San Diego during the cruise.:))

I think you picked a good ship.

Spirit class of Carnival is the best class in term of design. (Pride, Spirit, Miracle, Legend) We were docked next to the Legend and pool areas looked so much nicer than the ones during our cruise on Liberty.

Enjoy your cruise...

I hope we have a better experience than we did on Monarch.

If you don't mind telling me, what particularly didn't you like on the Monarch? We're sailing the Mercury (our first time on X) next week and since both ships are the smallest and oldest in their respective fleets we're expecting the experience to be similar to what we've had previously on MOS.

If the food was your problem, well I agree RCCL is becoming pretty dreadful in that area. The new Celebrity menus are apparently in place and I'm a little "underwhelmed" by what I've seen of them, however I'm surprised to be reading on this thread that Carnival food is being regarded as "better" than Celebrity?

Any direct comparison you can make using the Monarch of the Seas as an example would be very helpful for us. Thanks in advance.

Happy Sails,

Annette

Actually, I would love to try Carnival, but I've heard that their balcony doors open "out," meaning, they're not sliders, and they can be really noisy. I'm a noise freak, so it wouldn't work for me... :(
They did swing open out, but noisy? I'm not sure what you mean by that. They don't slam shut if that's what you're saying.

Archived