Voyager Suites...Least Roughest Part of Ship ........

Terrene44

I am on a Voyager Cruise in Suite 723. I have been offered an upgrade to 782 which is on the rear of the ship. Can anyone tell me which would be the least roughest part of the ship. My wife worries about being seasick. Doesn't bother me. The new suite is a nice one though. Thanks for your help.

Most reports suggest that cabins in the mid ship area provide the smoothest sailing. I spent two weeks in a Horizon view suite last year.(1057 or 1059) Although there was a noticeable vibration, I got used to it quite quickly. The extra large balcony made it worthwhile, since they could easily accommodate a couple of lounge chairs. I hope this helps

Interesting. I'm booked in 723 in December!

I believe that the Seven Seas Aft suites have a reputation for vibration. I have not experienced this, but I don't believe I would take this upgrade myself, if offered, but I admit it would be tempting. I know there are others who love those suites, and they look gorgeous.

I have sailed in a SS aft suite (988) on the Mariner and did not experience any vibration issues. There will definitely be more motion than mid-ships, but the verandahs are large and you can see both sides of the ship from there.

WE enjoyed the suite but didn't like the long walk home after evening shows in the theater.

Good luck,

Jody

We occupied 877, a corner Horizon View cabin, for 11 days in the fjords. Since it was a view intensive itinerary, we were very pleased with our choice. The vibration didn't bother us one bit. And the larger deck was quite a bonus because of the views. But the cabin was exactly the same size as all other standard cabins. And we will stick with G cabins on anything but view intensive itineraries. The extra money for a higher deck or a horizon view isn't worth it! Pat

Terrene - Assuming that we're all talking about Voyager here, 782 - an aft Seven Seas Suite - is quite lovely. However, there is certainly a significant amount of vibration on the aft section of Voyager, particularly on the port side. Further, there will be much more sense of ship motion at the very aft of the ship, as there will be at the far forward. Thus, if one is sensitive to either vibration or ship motion, it might be more prudent to remain with your cabin amidships. In our case, having loved our cabin on the aft corner of Deck 8 (although the starboard and less vibration-prone side), we would jump at the opportunity to take 782, if the price was right. But neither of us is particularly sensitive either to vibration or seasickness.

All things considered, it won't be of much value to have a larger cabin aft if your DW finds herself spending most of her time in the bathroom, rather than enjoying the lovely suite.

Cheers, Fred

We were in Voyager aft facing 785 on a baltic cruise in 2006. I checked my old review. I felt some vibration on my feet in the bathroom, but nowhere else. Someone else posted that they were next door to us and felt some vibration but it didn't bother her and she slept better than at home. I don't remember any excessive motion, although there were some shudders for a few minutes when the captain made a sharp turn in the St Petersburg canals...

Archived