RCL Independence dropoff cruise to England?

Cmac3

I've heard of "dropoff" cruises where one can get cheap fares when a cruise company needs to reposition a ship. We were curious if anyone knows if the RCL Independence of the Seas, which is heading for England summer, 2010, offers these special cruises. I've heard they throw in the price of airfare home.

I've heard of "dropoff" cruises where one can get cheap fares when a cruise company needs to reposition a ship. We were curious if anyone knows if the RCL Independence of the Seas, which is heading for England summer, 2010, offers these special cruises. I've heard they throw in the price of airfare home.

Repositioning cruises are still revenue cruises. They operate like any other cruise that goes from place to place, whether it's the same place where you start or a different one.

The per diem rate on TAs are very low because they don't sail at peak times. Most occur in April and October/November when schools are in session.

On our upcoming TA we have a hump balcony for less then $80 per day + taxes. And since the ship is making only 4 stops on the 12 day sailing, the port fees/taxes are low.

So book and look for a cheap open jaw flight on the web; you will still have a low cost vacation.

Archived