Rome Barcelona Windsurf summer cruises

martiny

Hello Martin!

We will be on the same cruise as you! We are very excited, to say the least. For what I have read is that the majority of the people that I have spoken to have just done their shore excursions on their own. There is an exception however. I has told not to miss the Neptunes Grotto in Sardinia and the cable car ride in Menorca. Are you coming into Rome before the cruise and staying in Barcelona after the cruise? If so, I THINK that I can help you with some suggestions that I have found. Just let me know!

Thanks!

Shanon McMeans

Hi Shannon Good to hear from others on this cruise. Your tips will be appreciated . My wife From NYC and I and another couple from Baton Rouge (that we meet in 2007 on a wind surf cruise from Venice to Rome) will be at the International in Rome on October 3 and In Barcelona until the 13 at the Omm. Look up Tapalma (www.Tapapalma.com ) or www.Tapalma.es for the tapas crawl annual event when we are Palm de Mallorca. We are planning mostly at this juncture to make our own outings on the islands and I will be pleased to exchange details and tips with you. The Neptune caves sound like fun but we are wine lovers and foodies so seeing the islands will be secondary but certianly part of our itineraries. On Elba we will walk and see Nepoleon's villa, old town and the Fortress in Portoferraio, grab lunch at the port (have not decided at which place yet..have to check to see which are opened on Monday and after the season) and /or take a taxi (trying to book one on line for the rest of the day) to the Sapereta vineyards (which is on the way to Porto Azzurro) for the lunch and/or wine tasting and vineyard tour, then off to Porto Azzurro for sights and an apperitif,then back for the sights on the heights of Capoliveri ( and maybe light dinner) at Da Michel in that town, then back to the ship. Regards Martin

DO NOT BOOK with WINDSTAR. They are OVERPRICED Hire someone ahead of time, or share a cab with another couple. You will save $$$$$ see more

I will have to agree with you that on average, ship excursions cost more than booking yourself. We always go the do-it-yourself route and have been quite pleased. Less expensive and more flexibility.

Archived