10 Pounds in 40 Days!!!

Michylicious

I want to get back into my skinny jeans before the cruise! I can get them on and buttoned, but they are too tight to wear.

My halloween costume is fairly revealing for the last night as well.

Who's with me!!!

I need some support to stay away from the happy hours and dinners out!!

I want to get back into my skinny jeans before the cruise! I can get them on and buttoned, but they are too tight to wear.

My halloween costume is fairly revealing for the last night as well.

Who's with me!!!

I need some support to stay away from the happy hours and dinners out!!

I'm with you, however it's really hard. I exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week, walk 4 out of 7 nights a week and "try" to watch what I eat - all to no avail. I'm thinking old age is just kicking my butt.

I'm 51, 5'3" and weigh just under 150. I can remember the days (30 years and 3 kids ago) when I was about 105.

Maybe I'll have to greatly reduce the sugar.

Good luck

Carbs and sugar are so hard for me to avoid...I'm trying to keep it a simple diet and be as good as I can with the weekends. It's going out and the glasses of wine/beer that are killing me.

It's hard to have a social life and lose weight.

I don't recall ever being 105 prior to puberty!! I'm about 5'6" and currently about 130lbs. I can't go below 120 without looking sickly.

Going without wine/beer or other alcohol really doesn't bother me. I like wine and Strawberry daquires, however I can take them or leave them. Don't care for beer or wiskey.

It's the candy, cake, icecream, potato chips and other "junk" food which presents a problem. The little bits add up. (to add insult to injury, my husband has a massive sweet tooth.)

As for going out to dinner, take half home. There is no shame in gettin a "doggie bag" or "to go box"

I wish I were 130 pounds. (heck at this point I'd be happy with 140):p

I'm cruising in November and am hoping also to lose 10 lbs. I've lost 25 lbs so far by cutting refined sugar from my diet, eating 5 smaller meals a day and upping my vegetable intake. I workout about 4 days a week and try to walk at least 2 of the other days. Now that summer is over it's a lot easier to stay away from the drinks out with friends ;). I'm also telling everyone about my goal, this way it forces me to stay on track and motivated!

Good luck everyone!

Carbs and sugar are so hard for me to avoid...I'm trying to keep it a simple diet and be as good as I can with the weekends. It's going out and the glasses of wine/beer that are killing me.

It's hard to have a social life and lose weight.

I don't recall ever being 105 prior to puberty!! I'm about 5'6" and currently about 130lbs. I can't go below 120 without looking sickly.

Please tell me you are just trying to maintain the 130 and not trying to lose anymore weight. I am 5' and my doctor wants me to get to 125-130. I have a friend who is around 5'7 and has been told not to get into the 120s.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone!

I'd like to lose around 25 pounds before New Years. Anyone still around in this thread?

I'm still on the thread, that is when I find time to get on the computer. Not having a lot of luck loosing any weight. Old age and bad eating habits seem to get in the way. Lord knows, it's not for lack of working out.

My 1st night formal dress is fitting pretty well right now. I don't weigh myself, but use certain clothing items as a gauge. I'm pretty muscular, so my weight is usually higher than I look.

I was thinking of doing a juice fast right before i leave in 2 1/2 weeks...Anyone have luck with this?

I'm with you, however it's really hard. I exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week, walk 4 out of 7 nights a week and "try" to watch what I eat - all to no avail. I'm thinking old age is just kicking my butt.

I'm 51, 5'3" and weigh just under 150. I can remember the days (30 years and 3 kids ago) when I was about 105.

Maybe I'll have to greatly reduce the sugar.

Good luck

Everyone on these threads needs to look at their overall activity level. remember than even if you go to the gym daily for an hour and burn 600 calories, then come home and and eat a 500 calorie dinner before sitting in front of the computer or TV after sitting at a desk all day, you're not going to lose weight, carbs or no carbs, sugar or no sugar. If you're on a starvation diet, you're losing muscle as rapidly as the fat. Again, carbs or no carbs, sugar or no sugar.

You've got to get up and move around more. Studies of athletes who do two-a-day-2hour+-workouts, then spend the remainder of their day "resting", found some actually gained weight.:eek: And none didn't "burn the fat" like they thought.

So get up out of the chair. Become a fidgeter. Pace around while on your cell. Surf the web and email while standing and shifting weight from one foot to the next. park as far away from the doors to the stores as you can and walk. Get active. :)

Everyone on these threads needs to look at their overall activity level. remember than even if you go to the gym daily for an hour and burn 600 calories, then come home and and eat a 500 calorie dinner before sitting in front of the computer or TV after sitting at a desk all day, you're not going to lose weight, carbs or no carbs, sugar or no sugar. If you're on a starvation diet, you're losing muscle as rapidly as the fat. Again, carbs or no carbs, sugar or no sugar.

You've got to get up and move around more. Studies of athletes who do two-a-day-2hour+-workouts, then spend the remainder of their day "resting", found some actually gained weight.:eek: And none didn't "burn the fat" like they thought.

So get up out of the chair. Become a fidgeter. Pace around while on your cell. Surf the web and email while standing and shifting weight from one foot to the next. park as far away from the doors to the stores as you can and walk. Get active. :)

What you say is true. For me, it's just hard to adjust "bad" eating habits. Some weeks are easier than others

My 1st night formal dress is fitting pretty well right now. I don't weigh myself, but use certain clothing items as a gauge. I'm pretty muscular, so my weight is usually higher than I look.

I was thinking of doing a juice fast right before i leave in 2 1/2 weeks...Anyone have luck with this?

Great, glad to hear the dress fits. I have never done a "juice fast" and don't think I could. I would think you'd loose fluid and muscle instead of fat. (Of course I could be wrong.)

Archived