Cape Liberty parking

biebz

We are driving to Cape Liberty, does anyone know of off site parking with transportation to the port? The only one we can find is $19 a day, but with 2 vehicles and a 14 day cruise that will become expensive. Thanks for your help.

We are driving to Cape Liberty, does anyone know of off site parking with transportation to the port? The only one we can find is $19 a day, but with 2 vehicles and a 14 day cruise that will become expensive. Thanks for your help.

No there isn't. And it will most likely never happen, as land in that area for a parking lot is just too expensive, not counting the astronomical cost of running a passenger service in NJ for only a few days per week.

The only other option is to park at one of the off site lots at the airport. But you won't save a whole lot, even if you drop everyone off before you take the cars to the airport parking. Off site parking at EWR (cheapest) is $$8.00 per day plus taxes plus pre pay fee, paid in advance. Total-about $10 per day. Then you have about a $80-90 RT taxi/shuttle ride back and forth to the airport. At best, using that method, you have saved MAYBE $3.00 per day per car.

I don't think a taxi would cost that much ($80-$90). About $30 from the airport to the pier is about it. However, there probably aren't any taxis trolling the off-site long term parking lots, so you'd probably have to take their shuttle to the airport, then get a cab from the airport to the pier. I guess you could have the off site lot call for a cab for you. I'd inquire with some of the off site lots where you could park as some may offer shuttles to the pier on sailing days.

I don't think a taxi would cost that much ($80-$90). About $30 from the airport to the pier is about it. However, there probably aren't any taxis trolling the off-site long term parking lots, so you'd probably have to take their shuttle to the airport, then get a cab from the airport to the pier. I guess you could have the off site lot call for a cab for you. I'd inquire with some of the off site lots where you could park as some may offer shuttles to the pier on sailing days.

Normal price from the airport to the pier is $40-45.00 per cab, including any tolls, fees and tip. The OP (and the other car driver) would have to take the cab TWICE (drop off the cars and pick up the cars to accommodate the other passengers in the party at the cruise dock). Hence-$80-90.

And yes, you would either have to take the parking shuttle back to the cab stands at the airport or call a taxi from the off site lot. I can't imagine that any of the off site airport lots offer shuttles to the pier. Would be a costly proposition for them. The yearly fees for commercial shuttle entry into the port are NOT cheap.

the set rate is $40 plus toll and tip....Cabs in NJ are much more expensive than similar rides in NY....

where did you get the $30 from?

Yup it's crazy ... but at least $19/day to park at the pier in Bayonne is less expensive than at the NYC pier for $30/day :eek:

Archived