QM2 crossing without dressing up?

marklynpa

What an ugly comment. Price has nothing to do with class.

OK confession time!!

I was of course joking and I was being deliberately ridiculous just to tease out some of the great replies that I knew I would get……. Sorry if I have offended anyone ……. again!!

The fashion comments are always great fodder for humour on these boards.

Anyway I need to get ready for my round Britain voyage/trip/cruise/sailing* and get my jeans and T shirts ironed, are black jeans OK for formal nights?

*Delete as applicable according to your class

OK confession time!!

I was of course joking and I was being deliberately ridiculous just to tease out some of the great replies that I knew I would get……. Sorry if I have offended anyone ……. again!!

The fashion comments are always great fodder for humour on these boards.

Anyway I need to get ready for my round Britain voyage/trip/cruise/sailing* and get my jeans and T shirts ironed, are black jeans OK for formal nights?

*Delete as applicable according to your class

I don't think it makes a difference in the brig. :cool:

DH & I have never cruised on Cunard; several other lines though. Just came by because we are considering QM2 only as a transportation means - 6 days NY-UK; will sail RCCL for return cruise after we spend some time in Europe. DH has gotten real cranky about the airport/airline hassles (delayed flights; arrive early to allow for security; long lines; etc.). Also, since we just today decided to take a trip to Europe, the usual $3300 each business/1st class seats are now minimum $4500 each. QM2 balcony cabin is now less than $1000. We are retired & have the extra 6 days & who wouldn't like to save all the extra bucks! And, the other lines don't cruise eastward in the fall.

So, understanding that most or all of the cruise critic forums have endless arguments on dress codes, I'm not concerned about finding this thread. However, I do want to take the time to simply express that Cunard has established this itinerary & must realize that it is only a means to point B from point A, for some people - just like air flights have some tourists & some business folks onboard. Therefore, not everyone on the ship will be there for the the cruise/ship experience. Actually, I find it difficult to understand why any one would be on the ship for a cruise experience - just 6 days at sea, when there are so many more interesting itineraries, but I do understand how different we all are & to each his/her own.

Just wanted to post this as an example as to why the QM2's 6 day TA experience does not have the same objective for everyone. Doesn't negate the dress code issue, just the "sail another cruiseline" issue.

Edit: Oops. Haven't posted since last cruise; I'll get that "Sailed!" signature removed.

QM2 balcony cabin is now less than $1000

Well that’s a good fare for you in the US because I’ve just checked balcony prices for 5th November on Cunard’s UK website and they range from £1,224 for B4 to £1,804 for Britannia Club. That equates to $2,032 to $2,995.

$1,000 is only £602.

Well that’s a good fare for you in the US because I’ve just checked balcony prices for 5th November on Cunard’s UK website and they range from £1,224 for B4 to £1,804 for Britannia Club. That equates to $2,032 to $2,995.

$1,000 is only £602.

How strange......my travel agent has a B4 guarantee for £849 or £1059 for a specific B3 :confused:

Archived