New rate drop policy?

39august

Can anyone post a link to the new policy which supposedly was on RCI's website? I can't find anything about it. I thought I read originally that drops would be assigned as OBC, but you could request it be credited off your final payment or cc. Is that correct? I am hoping to get a lower rate applied for May 2 Mariner. My cabin rate dropped $176 pp.

I don't have the link, but I called in for a rate drop on 4/18 Mariner the other day and the PVP said, "I can offer that to you in the form of a refundable OBC", but then said, "Or it can be deducted from your final payment due amount, I just depends on whether you want the money sooner or later". So I took the deduction off final payment.

I don't have the link, but I called in for a rate drop on 4/18 Mariner the other day and the PVP said, "I can offer that to you in the form of a refundable OBC", but then said, "Or it can be deducted from your final payment due amount, I just depends on whether you want the money sooner or later". So I took the deduction off final payment.

Terri, I'm not sure this is what you are refering to but I found this in the FAQs: [ RCI FAQs ]

: What should I do if I find a lower rate?s.gifA: Simply call your travel agent or a Royal Caribbean representative to have your onboard credit applied. There are no forms to fill out. The adjustment will be made to your reservation. Onboard credits will be applied to the first and second guest on the reservation for the full amount of the price difference unless otherwise requested at the time of application. If you prefer, you will also be given the option of upgrading your stateroom based on availability and the price paid. Outside of final payment period, you also have the option to have your price reduced to the lower rate

Best_Price_Guarantee_hero.jpg

price_guarantee_hdr_295x27.gif

Our Price Guarantee is our committment to you. When you book with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower fare advertised by us, we will honor that rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund as applicable.

To be eligible, the fare must be a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) be available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate the current booking would be eligible to receive, if any special restrictions apply. Price protection will not be available within 72 hours of departure. Price protection will be available for most fare types with the exception of Royal Sales Event and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions for new bookings only, as specified in the price program detail. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable.

Highlights:

• No forms to fill out

• Book anytime and know you are protected up until 72 hours prior to departure

- Outside of final payment - Upgrade options, Onboard Credit, or price reduction (refund if applicable) - Inside final payment - Upgrade options or Onboard Credit

Terms & Conditions:

Program applies only to guests in the fifty states and Canada and applies only to bookings that were fully deposited prior to the expiration of this program, Guests who have a qualifying booking booked at a higher fare can receive the difference between that fare and a lower fare advertised or offered by the applicable Cruise Line in the form of an onboard cruise credit. (For reservations outside of final payment period, the guest may request the difference be granted in the form of a refund.) Requests for adjustments must be received by the cruise line at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for the cruise. The lower fare must be a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only. If the lower rate is available under any of the following special price programs, it shall not be available under this Price Protection Program: Royal Sales Event and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs. The Price Protection Program does not apply to any berths that are part of a group booking, any charter arrangements nor does it apply to any space that sold to a third party for resale. Price protection does not apply to government taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement charges. This Price Protection Program may be discontinued or modified at any time without prior notice and shall be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law.

Archived