Conquest dining

foothill

We are sailing on the Conquest on 8 Nov 2009, we selected "opening seating" as our dining option can anyone tell me if you are able to actually make a reservation for a specific time, say 7:30. On Princess, the personal choice dining option allows you to make a reservation if you have over 6 in your group even if using personal choice.

Not to my knowledge. On Conquest they sit on a upper level in one of the dining rooms, depending on how many sign up. Its not like Princess where one whole dining room will be open seating, it will be a very limitied number or was on my cruise. some said they could request the same waiter, thats it. they dont take reservations for times for open dining.

If enough on Princess dont sign up to fill a dining room for open dining, they force some to not get traditional. Carnival doesnt do that. They just set aside part of the dining room and a certain # of seats for those who want open, which its my experience are the minority.

Iv also heard that the waiters are more rushed during anytime dining, especially if you pick a really popular time to eat, so expect that as well. Remember anytime dining on Conquest is still quit new, so wouldnt have any many signing up as on Princess.

We were on the Conquest in August. We did the open dining. I don't believe you can request a specific time but it really wasn't necessary. We went when we were ready and never had to wait more than a minute or two to be seated. The only ones I saw waiting were large parties. The open dining is from 5:45 until 9:30 and when we went was upstairs in the Renior dining room. You can request the same waiter I believe. You are seated with just your party, not other guests. It worked well for us.

Archived