Sitmar Fairsky

Hello again Lucky cruiser,

Apologies for lack of contact, it turns out the person i am looking for was Chief Purser ,Antonio Oneto, (not Andrea Onetio) i have been lucky in getting a reply from Captain Potenzoni. It seems that i am possibly a bit late in my search, as he was in his 60s in the 60s. But i am trying to find any photos of him and any information on his children, who would now be in their 40/50s.

Thank you again for your help.

theeangel at juno dot com the usual sequence will get whatever to me..glad to see what I can do..lucky

Hi again Lucky :), could you ask him if he knew Antonio Oneto, and any infomation about his family/children, if he knows what part of Italy he came from, anything about him would be great. I really do appriciate you help. Thank you

so if you need me to ask Carlos De Melo anything let me know...lucky

in the name of the most Holy...Sitmar lines.. Carmelo usually incited me to Captains Dinner, and /or the Private Capt/Staff dining room. He was in Miami last month but I understood he would return on board. I'm taking keylime pie "fixins" for the Captain and staff..so the chef can make it for all of them. I hope I will bring you some info..Perhaps you will share with me, your reason to locate "la famiglia" Oneto ?

• 2 weeks later...

of course, my Mondays cruze will be diverted to non-Mex port/s, or wherever..But will be sailing again..here is the snailmail addy for CCL..I just found it..

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, fl 33178-2428 of course address it to the name I emailed to you.. keep me posted..I'm sooo intrigued...judi

I will write today, i have found out a lot over the past couple of days, thank you so much. I will keep you posted. Its just like putting the final pieces of a jigsaw together i am excited :)...

Have fun x

of course, my Mondays cruze will be diverted to non-Mex port/s, or wherever..But will be sailing again..here is the snailmail addy for CCL..I just found it..

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, fl 33178-2428 of course address it to the name I emailed to you.. keep me posted..I'm sooo intrigued...judi

OMG! I'm so thrilled to find people who loved that ship as much as I did. I took my very first cruise on her and had the best time of my life! I remember Captain Potenzoni very clearly - every woman on board was in love with him and I actually got to dance with him in the disco several times. My girlfriend and I were the youngest (and we thought the cutest) women on the ship. We only had to think about how nice it would be to have a drink or a sandwich or a towel or whatever and one of those cute Italians would materialize at our elbow with the very thing we wanted. We had drinks in the bar every evening before dinner - always served by Maurezio. And went to the dining room to be served by our waiter Paris.

There was a cute young engineering officer named Dominic that my friend went totally ga-ga over - and it appeared to be sincerely mutual. He snuck her on the ship when they did an overnight in Acapulco a few months later - very risky business under Captain Potenzoni! And he wanted her to go home to Ischia with him. But, she chose to stay in Texas and marry a millionaire. He was senior enough to be one of the officers who were allowed to hang out in the disco at night. Sadly, I have no idea what any of the last names were.

The Fairwind became the Albatros owned by Phoenix Reisen and I think did short cruises from European ports aimed at the German market. You can go to this website - http://www.ruderhaus.de/international.htm

click on Fotogalerien, then click on MS Albatros. Someone on these boards gave me that link several years ago and I still treasure it. The pictures are instantly recognizable. Sadly, in early 2004, she was sold to breakers and beached at Alang - wherever that may happen to be.

Ahhhhhhh - the sweet memories!

Donia

but from Ft Laud.. my crush was a 1st purser..I was 30..and got to visit him in Italy. He gave me the private tour of the Gym, on top deck, where the smoke stack went thru the deck...I used to have cocktails in the Mistral, and Moby Dick. pizza was served in Moby late night, and I was thrilled to meet guest stars for the entertainment...Alan Kent (an older CD, is the reason I found these boards), So if your reading Alan....remember "toot a do"...I was the "pretty heckler" in your audience.The Sr off's were allowed to dance til midnight.Many Lampadinas were consumed.I treasure my Circolo del Commandante" visitors passport, large CDC pg party ashtray(stolen, actually), and my 13 rock glasses still in the grey bags, and boxes. I'd give anything for one more ship like that, guess thatz why i like smaller vessels.

Edited by luckycruzer

• 1 month later...

has some great new developement happened?...do tell!..I leave for spain on Tuesday, and return July 7th..Hoping all is more fantastic than befor, and things have moved forward in your goal...til I read again....lucky

• 1 month later...

A while ago, my brother and I picked up some random photos of mid-1980's Fairsky and Fairsea at a thrift store. Here are some blurry copies that we took with a camera off of the color slide screen.

Take a look if you'd like, if you remember these ships it may bring back some memories.

We don't know anybody in the photos or anybody who took them...

View and enjoy!

Dan M.

• 2 months later...
Assuming you mean FAIRSKY (IV), built in 1984, she became SKY PRINCESS when P&O bought Sitmar and merged them with Princess in 1989. She moved to P&O Cruises Australia in 2001 and is now their PACIFIC SKY.

I have heard strong rumors that the ship is for sale and that Carnival/P&O Princess are actively seeking a buyer.

I sailed on her in 1998 as SKY PRINCESS and she remains a favorite of mine.

Actually, I think he meant the M.V. Fairsky which was used as transport for migrants in the 50's and 60's. I sailed on her in 1963, but I'm not sure what happened to her. I do have a feeling that she was eventually sold for scrap though.

• 5 months later...
A while ago, my brother and I picked up some random photos of mid-1980's Fairsky and Fairsea at a thrift store. Here are some blurry copies that we took with a camera off of the color slide screen.

Take a look if you'd like, if you remember these ships it may bring back some memories.

We don't know anybody in the photos or anybody who took them...

View and enjoy!

Dan M.

Thanks for sharing :)

Hi Lucky...Hope you got my last mail....V

i did, thanx for thr latest update. I did chk on the Stmar Facebook, and left a message with someone(man w/ young child) as he looked older, so I may hit paydirt..No one i really recognized tho..will keep an eye out in the future...j

Edited by luckycruzer

• 4 months later...

I just found a Fairsky music box in my family memorabilia. I've never been on a cruise but perhaps one of you would know whether this is something that is worth anything - either collectible or memory of the heart.

I hate to give it away to Goodwill without learning more as it looks like it was a generous gesture of the cruise line.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

I just found a Fairsky music box in my family memorabilia. I've never been on a cruise but perhaps one of you would know whether this is something that is worth anything - either collectible or memory of the heart.

I hate to give it away to Goodwill without learning more as it looks like it was a generous gesture of the cruise line.

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

it will be a memory of the heart!.. I still have my 13 "Circolo" glasses and ashtray. Other small things too. Please dont give it to GW. I'll gladly take it if you wish me to have it.. I'll send a ck for shipping.. theeangel at juno dot com to email me. You can get a mailer box at the post office for a "Flat Rate"..diff sizes for diif things..judi

or if you have a paypal for me to give you my CC/debit # notice my post count, and all the ones on this board..I love the cruzin world..leave in 2 wks for my 31st in less than 4 yrs...w/ mannnny b4 that in the day. judi

Edited by luckycruzer