Any Families going on the PRIDE March 13th?

ciship

Check the roll call boards. There should be plenty of kids onboard for your kids. Teen meeting the first night for your son is important. Hope you have early seating for dinner too.

Yep, I've had a thread out there on the Roll Call boards for three months now with little to no response. That's why I went for the Family Cruising board instead hoping I might attract someone. Getting the feeling that Cruise Critic members are going to be in the slim pickings on my cruise.

We went for late seating for dining only because when we have cruised before, early seating is just TOO early.....especially on port days and formal nights. This is the first time going with the kids though...so, I will probably regret it with them aboard.

Thanks Serene56

Hi! Just saw your post. We were looking at this same cruise, but booked the Triumph that leaves on March 12th instead. What are the odds - we're also taking our 11 year old son and our 8 year old daughter. Too bad we're not on the same ship - I'm sure it would have been fun hooking up!

Either way - enjoy the cruise - I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Karen

No, those are my initials. I'm from Massachusetts and as I watch the snow and sleet fall from my window, I can only take solace in the fact that we'll be basking in the sun in two months!

I would really be interested to hear about your cruise when you return. Since it's not a typical school vacation, I imagine there won't be too many children, but I'm hoping there will be some! My kids are in the 5th and 3rd grade and their school has two staff development days that week, so we'll pull them out of school for the other three. I really hate to do it, but I've checked to make sure there are no state tests for them that week, and when my son gets to middle school next year, I don't think we would be able to do it then, so we're taking advantage of it this year.

They helped plan the cruise and are really excited about all the kid's activities. My husband and I have cruised several times before, but this is their first cruise and I think they'll love it. We also convinced my parents to come along with us, so it should be a great time.

Take care!

Karen

Our kids will be on spring break during our cruise, so luckily they won't miss any school.

My 8-year old is VERY excited. My 11-year old is just trying to act "cool" about it.

We are taking them on the Canopy Tour ziplines in Puerto Vallarta, then we are going on a horsebackriding tour in Mazatlan. We decided just to sit and bask on the beach in Cabo at a place called the Mango Deck which offers beach chairs and provisions for the day.

What are you going to do for excursions? We wanted to take the kids on the Dolphin Swim, but WOW......the price of it is unreal!!

Christi in KC

ci-ship:

We're from Olathe and we'll be cruising spring break week as well, but on the Voyager of the Seas leaving the 12th. We've got a bit younger kids than yours, 7 and 5 and they are soooo excited! I bet you're looking just as forward to your cruise as we are, seeing that it's supposed to be a whopping 6 degrees tomorrow morning! I see you're doing the Mexican Riviera, we'll be in the Western Caribbean. Have a great time and Bon Voyage!

kjanders,

Fabulous!! We did the Western Carribean on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. I think we will shoot for Alaska after this one.

Enjoy your cruise and we can compare once we return.

brrrrrrr, it's COLD outside!

ciship

That would be great, I'd love to hear about the Mexican Riviera, may have to consider that some day! What ship were you on in the Western Carribean? Did you do anything that really stood out and you'd recommend? We have the sting-ray city tour planned with cpt marvin and the Dunn's River and tubing excursion planned with Phil Layfayette. I've done the western before, but it was a long time ago and before kids, so this will be a new experience. I'd love to hear any pointers you might have.

Has it gotten colder outside?? How many more days?? I don't think I can wait much longer....

That would be great, I'd love to hear about the Mexican Riviera, may have to consider that some day! What ship were you on in the Western Carribean? Did you do anything that really stood out and you'd recommend? We have the sting-ray city tour planned with cpt marvin and the Dunn's River and tubing excursion planned with Phil Layfayette. I've done the western before, but it was a long time ago and before kids, so this will be a new experience. I'd love to hear any pointers you might have.

Has it gotten colder outside?? How many more days?? I don't think I can wait much longer....

We took the Conquest out of New Orleans when we did the Western Carribean. We just went to Margaritaville and did the slides and trampolines in the ocean in Jamaica. We did the Stingray Tour with Nativeway and we did the Passion Island Tour (which was fabulous....very relaxing and peaceful...great food).

I know this cruise with the kids will probably be stressful. I will worry about them in the ports and even on-board and all the other "stuff" that comes with kids....but, they are SO excited....it's worth just that look in their eyes.

Thanks for the Western info. We may just have to stop by Margaritaville following our tour and on the way back to the ship to check it out, From what I've read, it's very close to the pier??? I didn't realize they had a trampoline--did they charge for that or the slide? I'm not sure what the Passion Island tour is-was that through the ship or an independent tour? We're thinking about going to Paradise Beach based on some of the threads I've read. I would love to swim with the Dolphins at Chankanaab, but the kids just aren't old enough, so I guess we'll save that until next time....

Don't be too stressed out-I'm sure your kids will do fine, especially being experienced cruisers:) It's natural to worry about them, but remember to let them enjoy their vacation too, within reason. Your kids are a bit older than mine, and I haven't had to worry about the other "stuff" yet. At least I don't think I do:confused: . Just remember that look in their eyes and everybody go have FUN!!!

Thanks for the Western info. We may just have to stop by Margaritaville following our tour and on the way back to the ship to check it out, From what I've read, it's very close to the pier??? I didn't realize they had a trampoline--did they charge for that or the slide? I'm not sure what the Passion Island tour is-was that through the ship or an independent tour? We're thinking about going to Paradise Beach based on some of the threads I've read. I would love to swim with the Dolphins at Chankanaab, but the kids just aren't old enough, so I guess we'll save that until next time....

Don't be too stressed out-I'm sure your kids will do fine, especially being experienced cruisers:) It's natural to worry about them, but remember to let them enjoy their vacation too, within reason. Your kids are a bit older than mine, and I haven't had to worry about the other "stuff" yet. At least I don't think I do:confused: . Just remember that look in their eyes and everybody go have FUN!!!

The water trampolines and slides are all free when you are at Margaritaville. You really need to be a good swimmer to get in that water or go down that slide (it will knock your swimsuit off of ya!) I don't think I saw any kids in the water there....adults and teens only. We found MBay to be a little scary. Stick with a reputable cab (look at their ID tags hanging around necks). I wanted to walk along the shops around Margaritaville and my husband said "no way". There is a lot of poverty there and people were walking along side the cabs in slow traffic and looking in and all and touching the doors. I don't want to frighten you, just be aware and cautious!

Passion Island was the highlight of our trip. It is offered through the ship. It is a private island (gorgeous) that you have to take a tender out to. Only paying passengers were there. This is the island that they do the "Corona" beer commercials at. Free cocktails were included as well as the lunch which was awesome. Very peaceful day....no tourists...

I didn't realize you had been to Montego Bay, we'll be in Ocho Rios. It gets confusing as I guess there is a Margarittaville in both locations. The Passion Island Tour sounds wonderful, however I think we might just play it by ear...I've been reading a lot about Paradise Beach, so may just check that out.

I was wondering...Do you ever stay closer to the airport the night prior to leaving? I've been contemplating that (if only I could know the weather forcast for then, now!). We go down day of the cruise and our flight leaves at 7:15, so am guessing we'd need to leave the house no later than 5-5:15. Not thrilled with that, so just wondered how you usually handle it.

Thanks,

Kristi

I was wondering...Do you ever stay closer to the airport the night prior to leaving? I've been contemplating that (if only I could know the weather forcast for then, now!). We go down day of the cruise and our flight leaves at 7:15, so am guessing we'd need to leave the house no later than 5-5:15. Not thrilled with that, so just wondered how you usually handle it.

Thanks,

Kristi

My husband and step-daughter are leaving Friday non-stop flight on SW for California, so they will just leave the car at the airport. I don't fly anymore so my son and I are taking the train and we leave Thursday night. We will get to CA at the crack of dawn on Sat. morning. Our ship doesnt depart until Sunday, so we are staying at the Hyatt on Saturday right near the cruise terminal.

I guess if we were ALL flying and we were going the day OF departure, we would probably still just leave from the house instead of getting a hotel near the airport. It DOES seem like such a long drive from where we live doesnt it???

Christi

Archived