Stores or Restaurants within walking distance to Miami Cruise Terminal???

DreDay

We are arriving at MIA at 9:30am the day of our cruise. We are three families traveling together including two toddlers. We plan to utilize the van taxis from MIA to the cruise terminal.

We will definately need to get some breakfast before we board, and it would be nice to grab some soda to bring on board too. Are there any stores or restaurants within walking distance from the Miami Cruise Terminal?

I'm not excited at the thought of spending tons of $$$ at the airport for breakfast.

There is nothing within a safe walking distanc eof POM; it is an industrial area that is not safe for pedestrians. Your best bet is to ask your cab driver to stop along the way so that you can make a soda run and grab breakfast from a fast food place. I know that across from the Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon there is a shopping center with Starbucks, a Publix grocery store, and a Burger King. Your driver may have a better location. Stopping anywhere will cost you extra, on top of the $24+tip flat rate fare from MIA to POM; you should discuss these options with your driver before leaving the airport. Good luck!:)

I think you're best bet is eating at the airport.

Another option is to jump on a shuttle to a hotel. There are several free shuttles to airport hotels or even the Blue Lagoon area. Have breakfast at the hotel and then pay for a taxi to the port.

I think you're best bet is eating at the airport.

Another option is to jump on a shuttle to a hotel. There are several free shuttles to airport hotels or even the Blue Lagoon area. Have breakfast at the hotel and then pay for a taxi to the port.

Thanks for the replies. These are great ideas. I have some planning to do!! I appreciate your help

We are arriving at MIA at 9:30am the day of our cruise. We are three families traveling together including two toddlers. We plan to utilize the van taxis from MIA to the cruise terminal.

We will definately need to get some breakfast before we board, and it would be nice to grab some soda to bring on board too. Are there any stores or restaurants within walking distance from the Miami Cruise Terminal?

I'm not excited at the thought of spending tons of $$$ at the airport for breakfast.

None within walking distance. There is a large bridge you must cross in order to enter the Port of Miami, please do not atempt to walk on this bridge, especially not with toddlers or young ones.

Why don't you have breakfast inside the Miami Airport, before boarding the shuttle ? There are many restaurants there where you may have breakfast.

There is nothing within a safe walking distanc eof POM; it is an industrial area that is not safe for pedestrians. Your best bet is to ask your cab driver to stop along the way so that you can make a soda run and grab breakfast from a fast food place. I know that across from the Hampton Inn-Blue Lagoon there is a shopping center with Starbucks, a Publix grocery store, and a Burger King. Your driver may have a better location. Stopping anywhere will cost you extra, on top of the $24+tip flat rate fare from MIA to POM; you should discuss these options with your driver before leaving the airport. Good luck!:)

Heading towards 57th. Avenue where the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon is located, is heading in the opposite direction to the Port of Miami.

Archived