terrified! if u've been on Los Veranos Canopy Tour, plz take a look at this pic

utopia

My hubby, son and friend are planning on doing the Los Veranos Canopy Tour, but my Aunt and I plan to hang out at the restaurant. We will take a taxi there, but I'm worried about when we leave - are there taxis there to take us back? I heard the shuttle with Los Veranos is $15 but is that round trip? I'm sure it's probably cheaper to take a taxi there, but I'm worried about getting back into town.

Thanks for any info you can give!

Wow, thanks for the detailed info, just what a mom likes to hear!

Also, good to hear Los Veranos if flexible a bit (if they can be) I have read posts now that have taken people a little late and a little early, I'm just wondering with TWO ships in port that day if they will be filled up? I'll try for the eariliest and hope for the best!

So how far from the port is it to Randi's? And where was it that your DD swam a bit? Right by Randi's?

Many thanks!

I went on the canopy adventure when I was 15. I am not usually afraid of heights, but I did get a little nervous since I went on the excursion by myself. It was sooo much fun! The guides were awesome (and pretty cute! lol). Once you get going, just take a deep breath and look around. It is a once in a lifetime experience. I reccomend buying the video afterwords. The trip flies by (litterally!) so having the video to watch yourself zooming through and checking out all of the landscape is wonderful. I still talk about that trip and know that you'll have a total blast! Have a great trip!

Allie

1/3/2006- Carnival Spirit

12/04- Carnival Legend

12/03- Carnival Pride

event.png

my guide, Jean-Claude and me after my canopy adventure :D

52_348.ts1072739098435.jpg

Lurkyloo - My DM came along that day as well, but didn't do the actual tour. She paid $15.00 and that included the roundtrip transportation to the canopy tour site. I think it would cost a great deal by cab. The ride from the Los Veranos office to the jungle where the tour is takes at least half an hour. The ride there is incredibly scenic. Sit on the right side of the bus for the best views. Once there, my mother sat in the restaurant and was able to see us at times in the distance as we zipped between the trees. She was also able to see us as we came in for our final landing.

Mom2Joce - The ride from the pier to Stone Island is an adventure in itself. After we left the ship, Randi and her assistants were right there to greet us. After everyone was together, we went out to the back of a waiting pick-up truck and were driven out to a pier. At the pier, there were literally hundreds of pelicans. It was amazing. There, we boarded a boat for the ride to Stone Island. Stone Island itself is literally like going back in time. Once there, we got in a trailer attached to a farm tractor. This was our final mode of transportation out to the ranch where we were paired with our horses. After the ride, the restaurant is right on the beach, so DD was able to swim (and we could keep an eye on her) right from our table. We all had such a wonderful time. I know you will as well. Happy sailing!

Lots of great information on here. We plan to do this in February off NCL Star and I have just a couple of questions. A friend told me that some of the companies have a lot more stairs to climb than other and that one of them looks quite difficult to do as it's more like ladders up to the platforms. I don't have the names of each company but am wondering if anyone has thoughts on that. My husband has some knee problems so that's why I'm concerned.

I had thought we would do Los Veranos but if anyone thinks another company would be a better choice, please let me know.

ACCagent,

We did the Los Veranos last time and loved it, but there is a bit of a walk up to the first zip line.

Here are the web sites for all 3 in PV, the Star contracts with Vallarta Adventures so I'm not sure if you'll be able to do an independent reservation with them. The websites have some pictures that may help you decide...

Los Veranos http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/tour.htm

El Eden http://*****************************/el-eden-canopy-tour.htm Looks like your going to have to cut and paste on this one, since CC has blocked the first part out... http://www.puerto (no space)vallarta (no space)tours.net/el-eden-canopy-tour.htm Remove the (no spaces).

Vallarta Adventures http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html

:)

ACCagent - Los Veranos had some stairs that were easy to navigate -- No ladders. The main stairs were in the beginning, before the first line. Between each line, during the first half of the tour, there's some walking and there may have been a few more stairs, but I don't remember anything very strenuous. There was a very elderly gentleman on our tour (easily in 80s), and had no problems at all. I think your husband would be fine. I can't speak about the other tours since I've never been on them. People seemed to enjoy them as well, but I'm not sure how their set-up was. Hope this helps.

Lots of great information on here. We plan to do this in February off NCL Star and I have just a couple of questions. A friend told me that some of the companies have a lot more stairs to climb than other and that one of them looks quite difficult to do as it's more like ladders up to the platforms. I don't have the names of each company but am wondering if anyone has thoughts on that. My husband has some knee problems so that's why I'm concerned.

I had thought we would do Los Veranos but if anyone thinks another company would be a better choice, please let me know.

I went with Villarta Adventures. There were a couple of steps getting the the first zip line, but (as I am reading, unlike the others) there are no steps after that to get from zipline to zipline. After one line, you land on the starting platform for the next. At the very end, you do a few minute walk to the vans. It wasn't very strenuous, so you should be fine!

I went with Villarta Adventures. There were a couple of steps getting the the first zip line, but (as I am reading, unlike the others) there are no steps after that to get from zipline to zipline. After one line, you land on the starting platform for the next. At the very end, you do a few minute walk to the vans. It wasn't very strenuous, so you should be fine!

I did the Villarta Adventures and it seemed pretty easy. There are a couple of stairs to get the the first platform, but that is all (apparently unlike the others!). The end of one zip line places you on a platform that is the starting point for the next zip line. At the end, there is a small walk to the vans, nothing too strenuous! Have fun!

I did the Villarta Adventures and it seemed pretty easy. There are a couple of stairs to get the the first platform, but that is all (apparently unlike the others!). The end of one zip line places you on a platform that is the starting point for the next zip line. At the end, there is a small walk to the vans, nothing too strenuous! Have fun!

Archived