Question about b2b cruises on different ships

Av8tor

We're on two different, but consecutive, cruises soon changing from the Star to the Coral at Canada Place in Vancouver. Assuming both ships are on time, has anyone heard if they can make special arrangements for passengers disembarking one Princess ship and embarking on another Princess ship at the same pier on the same day?

I'd imagine we could get the last disembarkation color to wait in the Platinum lounge and leave the Star as late as possible, but then we might still have to wait for some time before they start allowing the Coral to accept passengers.

Is there a Platinum/Elite lounge or area at Canada Place to wait for boarding?

I have never heard of special arrangements for you particular case however as you correctly state you can ask to leave as late as possible. You will not have any special priveleges for boarding and so you will be like every other new passenger when you join the Coral.

Regrettably I have gone through Canada Place so quickly I have never had a need to find a lounge.

You may be able to get a porter to walk your luggage from one ship to another.

Just a suggestion - call the cruise line and find out the earliest time you can drop your luggage. I've done it several times on another cruise line and it was 10:00. Then you can tour for 2, 3, 4 hours and come back to board. Just make sure you don't take too many valuables since you don't want to drag aroung your carryon all day.

Hi Av8tor, just got online to ask the same question...Also wondering if the new terminal in Seattle has a platinum lounge to hang out in. Heading out this Sunday so any help would be appreciated

SOL,

Sounds like there is not a platinum lounge in Vancouver; still haven't heard about Seattle though.

We're on the same two cruises but we're also going on two other one-nighters SEA-YVR on the Pacific and Golden before the Star...(4 cruises closer to Elite)!

I have never heard of special arrangements for you particular case however as you correctly state you can ask to leave as late as possible. You will not have any special priveleges for boarding and so you will be like every other new passenger when you join the Coral.

Regrettably I have gone through Canada Place so quickly I have never had a need to find a lounge.

Billet,

What's regrettable about going through Canada Place so quickly that you don't even know if there's a lounge? That's a good thing in my book and even could negate the necessity of having a lounge in the first place ;)

We did the same thing, except in Fort Lauderdale, going from CB to Golden. We left CB around 10 AM, but had to make our own arrangements to get over to the Golden. The Golden's terminal didn't appear to have a lounge so we ended up waiting about 1-1/2 hours outside before embarkation started. We made sure that we had water and umbrellas in case we happened to get stuck outside in the weather.

I don't think it's going to be possible to totally avoid a little time in limbo between ships.

Archived