Triumph 9A Aft Wrap

SAC69

Hi, I'm thinking of sailing on Triumph next March out of New Orleans and have my eye on an aft wrap 9A (8428). Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Noise from the lido deck? On the map it shows that there are stairs that run along part on the deck on the side. Are they visible? Thanks for any input.

Hi,

Just got off the Triumph Saturday. Had the opposite side, 8433. We heard some scuffling from the Lido the first night out about 1:00 a.m. There is a doorway to the stairway which we heard slam a few times during our 5-nighter. It's for crew only, except during muster drill. It didn't seem as if they used it a lot, but you could definitely hear it when they did, day and night.

However, IMHO, the wrap balcony and 2 large windows made up for any noise. As you can tell from the deck plans, the cabin is an odd shape. But there is plenty of room, and there were 3 closets and a chest of 6 large drawers. I would think 8428 is the mirror image of this cabin.

It's great having the view of the aft and the side. Plus you can look out at the view through those windows from your bed. I'd book this cabin again in a heartbeat. No noise from other passengers passing by or kids running up and down the hall.

We stayed in 8428 on Victory, Triumph's sister. We absolutely loved this cabin and the "awesome" balcony - so much that we selected Conquest for our cruise next February solely because we could get a deck 8 aft wrap cabin. No, the stairs are not visible from the balcony. As for noise, I heard chairs moving overhead in the very early morning hours, but it was very brief. Other than that, no noise at all. I have some photos of 8428 on Victory at http://travel.webshots.com/album/565656926QRtaQb.

Archived