hotels in fort lauderdale florida

arizona girl

Embassy Suites on 17th St Causeway.. Very nice rooms and 1.5 miles from the airport and Port Everglades.. I live there for 20 yrs and stay there when I go back for visits..Also it is only 1 mile to the beach area and Las Olas Blvld for amazing shopping, food, and nightlife.. Enjoy!!;)

HI,

We are on the solice cruise leaving on Jan 3, 2010. and we are flying into fort lauderdale on Jan. 1st, does anyone have any suggestions on hotels for the 2 nights before we board the ship?

Thanks for the help

Vicki

Pier 66 Marinia.

stayed there in August when I was on my last cruise on the Freedom.

You can see the ship come in ,your room right next to the ocean.

remember to get wake up call around 5:00,the ship comes in early sometime.

oh yea,its expesive,5 star hotel,,,,,,,$230.00 a night.

Hi,

We second the Embassy Suites on 17th. We stayed there for 3 nights in January and loved it.

Here is a link to photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570037918zeMCfr

Feel free to also wander around my albums from that link. Though this one is of the hotel, there are many, many others for Solstice and for Ft. Lauderdale.

Whatever hotel you select, we wish for you a marvelous cruise!!

CM

If you like dining in cafes, shopping in boutiques and galleries, and like to take walks, the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd is in an ideal location. 2 miles straight to the beach from there.

The hottest new hotel is the W across from the beach (most of the guests are under 40 and they play hip music all day at the pool and in the lobby bar). The Westin recently opened 2 doors away also.

Hyatt Pier 66 is a nice resort right next to the port. It is a very nice property for relaxing.

If you prefer a more basic 3 star with free breakfast, the Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites by the cruiseport are very popular and are on the Suntrolley route to go to the beach. They are perfect for one or 2 nights.

HI,

We are on the solice cruise leaving on Jan 3, 2010. and we are flying into fort lauderdale on Jan. 1st, does anyone have any suggestions on hotels for the 2 nights before we board the ship?

Thanks for the help

Vicki

I would thoroughly recommend the Grand Hotel and Yacht Club. It’s right next to the cruise terminal and fronts onto the water. You can get a water taxi day pass for $13 which gets you virtually everywhere that you might want to go.

What’s more, if you’re up early enough you can watch your ship arrive ready for your holiday.

Have fun.

I 3rd the Embassy Suites.. very convinent to shopping also. The other perk is you can go up on the top floors and see the ships in port.

Does Embassy Suites have a shuttle? In what price range is it? We often stayed at Comfort Suites just around the corner from it.

Does Embassy Suites have a shuttle? In what price range is it? We often stayed at Comfort Suites just around the corner from it.

Yes they do but in FLL don't get stuck on a hotel because they do or do not have a shuttle. Many experienced cruisers prefer to take taxis because everything is close together, it is cheap and you go when you want to...

We stayed 1 night prior to our cruise in 2006 at BW on SR 84. It is pretty basic but the rooms and large and clean. It has a pool and free shuttle from the airport to hotel and to the cruise terminal the next day. The location was ideal for us as we purchased bottled water and some wine from the Winn Dixie next door. Also, lots of nice restaurants within walking distance.

Which Best Western is this, we have used BW Oceanside before and will use again in Feb; but I do not remember them having a shuttle.

Following a Solstice cruise in January, my partner and I stayed at the Bahia Mar Resort. We enjoyed it...large room, oceanfront, easy beach access, and close to water taxi stop. I would stay there again depending on price. Pre-cruise, we stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper just down the street from the Bahia Mar. We were less impressed there, but understood that the hotel has been undergoing renovation and maybe we were in the not-yet-renovated part. One word on taxis...be careful if your hotel puts you into one of the giant SUV "taxis" that aren't marked like taxis. You may arrive in style but these vehicles aren't metered so you will pay at least twice as much. The driver will simply give you the "fare" before departure. This happened to us pre-cruise going to Las Olas Blvd and again going to Port Everglades.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina – formerly the Fort Lauderdale Grande

This is where I stayed in March and it was quite nice. I took a walk (a fairly long one) to the wine store that is recommended for cruisers after a very short cab ride from the airport. I loved walking around the hotel and seeing all the yachts in the marina. Then it started to rain and I spent the rest of the afternoon on my covered deck overlooking the marina and reading. I was surprised that the price was about the same as all the other hotels in the area. The cab ride to the port entrance is only about two blocks. If they are still offering a good rate I would certainly stay there again.

See my post # 14 - above. ENJOY!

This is the hotel we are staying at. Just found on my own research. So I hope its ok. I called them directly to ask and they do pick you up at airport then will take you to the port the next day. It is on State Road.

Yes they do but in FLL don't get stuck on a hotel because they do or do not have a shuttle. Many experienced cruisers prefer to take taxis because everything is close together, it is cheap and you go when you want to...

You are correct, Don. I sort of knew that. My second question is not phrased well....I don't want to know the cost of shuttle/taxi, I want to know the average price of Embassy Suites. The Comfort Suites were anywhere from $86-$94 U.S. for us in the last two years, but the last time my TA checked, they wanted almost $200! Not a chance as far as I am concerned.

Bill

I would thoroughly recommend the Grand Hotel and Yacht Club. It’s right next to the cruise terminal and fronts onto the water. You can get a water taxi day pass for $13 which gets you virtually everywhere that you might want to go.

What’s more, if you’re up early enough you can watch your ship arrive ready for your holiday.

Have fun.

This is now called the Hilton Marina.

I would also recommend Embassy. They have shuttles going to the port about every 1/2 hour but you do need to sign up before. There is also a wine shop (Crown Liquor) right across the street. We have stayed there several times. We don't use the airport shuttle to get there - much more random.

Sometimes, maybe because of conventions or whatever, prices there go way up or they are closed out.

Hyatt Pier 66 is an expensive alternative. It is very nice but you might not find out they tack on a "resort fee" until you check in. And it can be a big walk from the front of the hotel to where your room actually is. Not a great place for essentially an overnight stay.

Were leaving on Connie earlier this year from Ft L

Flew down a few days early. Were staying with friends , but since

flight came in late, decided to stay at Hilton Garden Suites for first nite.

Prepaid hotel on credit card to get a $25 discount

Plane came in even later than expected and delay getting everyone's

luggage, so did not get out of airport until midnite.

Called hotel and they said that they would send their van right over.

Guy came about 20 minutes later, loaded luggage and started driving.

Chatted about weather, So Fl , etc, etc.

Pulled up in front of hotel and he unloaded luggage and drove off.

Walked to front desk, was asked for ID but not asked to sign anything

registration of other form, and not asked to show my credit card. Desk clerk handed me a card key to 2502.

Started thinking, "25 floors in a Hilton Garden???

Got to room, (very nice) and noticed twin beds, not king I had paid for.

Called front desk to ask why.

Clerk said that since we were a "walkover" from Hilton, they gave us only room available.

I replied, "I thought that I was at the Hilton. " He said no, this is

the xxx.

I then called hilton and politley asked "*****? Hilton guy said, that they were oversold, and Didn't driver tell you?

Imagine that driver, who was very nice, didn't care to deal with the issue since not his problem , and he did not want to hear a bunch of ?? that he

could not answer.

It was then about 1:30 AM , DW and I were wiped and room was fine.

Friends picked us up first thing in AM and we had a good laugh, and

fun story to tell out table mates on a great cruise.

Hi,

I would highly recomend the Bahia Mar. It's right at the foot of the "strip", a gorgeous place, inexpensive (about $150) and just perfect. You can walk to the beach, walk to bars, restaurants,the water taxi etc. We stayed there last december, and from now on, it's our place whenever we're in FLL

Have fun...

Don R.

Archived