Glory Review 9/5-9/12

shari1737

Shari, thanks for the review and for sharing your awesome pictures. You are right....they are postcard quality.:D

We on going on the Liberty next month and are looking forward to that secret walkway on the front of the 10th deck. Did you have one of the front cabins? If not, did you notice if they just had windows or were they french doors you could open and step outside?

No, there is no charge for the tickets but they needed a way for people to be able to see the comedians without the place being packed & having to turn people away. If a show is sold out, they do have a stand by line. If not every one who got tickets shows up, they will then allow people without tickets to come in for seating. The tickets have a coupon on them for $1.00 off a drink during that comedy show.

I had already asked...no there is not a charge for comedy club tix wrenchmonkey

Hu shari1737!

We're going on the Glory 9/26!! We are on the panarama deck in 1018!! So excited!!! Especially since we booked a gty 8a balcony! Is this the deck you all were on? If so, are you saying there is a deck out front that you can go to? Loved reading your report and wanted to tell you that we are

'down the road from you in NC (Winston-Salem)!

We had an inside cabin on the 10th floor but when you go up front, there are some windows to cabins on the front deck but no doors for them to come out on.

Thanks, we have one of those front cabins and knew we had a view out to the deck but was wondering if it opened up. I had read that on some ships on some of the decks that they had a french door they could open up so wondered if ours would.

Sarlin-There is a deck up front on deck 10. We were in 1024. If you go towards the front of the ship & turn left, there is a door that leads outside. You can also go down to the Lido deck from there too.

Mike&Karren-The pool was at the Nacional Beach Club. It was across from the beach. I was so disappointed that we didn't see it before hand. We were getting ready to leave & I noticed they had showers outside the bathroom so I went to wash off my legs & that is when I saw the pool. Had I known that was there, I would have been in it instead of the ocean. Don't get me wrong, I love the ocean but the pool was just so quaint & right there along the boardwalk. Would have been very fun to sit in it & watch the people go by.

Thanks again Shari for all the great info on the Glory and this itinerary. I'm finally packing so we hopefully get an early start tomorrow driving to Cape Canaveral. I have one more question if you have a chance to respond. Where do you get the tender tickets for Belize and how is it determined which tender you get on? We need to get off as quickly as possible for an excursion.

quest2best-We had to be in one of the lounges by 8:30 to get tender tickets. The earlier you get there the better tickets you get-its actually just a sticker they put on you that has a number. We were so lucky that we got #2 tender. We ate a quick breakfast & went to the lounge & the #1 tender folks were just walking out so we walked up front to the table where they give out the stickers & we got #2. We sat down & only had to wait a few minutes before they said our tender was ready. Its about a 20 minute ride over to the port. Now if the excursion you booked is through the ship, you don't have to worry about any of this. Ship excursions meet in the Amber Palace & they go out on separate tenders. The tenders for these excursions are at the front of the ship & tenders for everyone else with the stickers is at the back of the ship. Hope this helps.

oneluckywoman-the comedy club tickets are free. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Archived